windows media player and firefox

réjean

Hi all!Until a few days ago I could go on CBC/ Halifax on my wife's XP machine then click on Listen to Live CBC radio ( on the right ) and choose either Halifax or Cape Breton. A little Windows Media Player would open and give me the option between High bandwidth stream or Low bandwidth stream . ( It still does ) but now when I choose one it tells me that it is " Done " and no matter how often I click on the Play button I see a little "Opening " and then nothing. I can however click on Watch CBC News at six and both view and listen to it in Windows Media Player.The only difference as far as I know is that there was an automatic update in FF ( unless my wife did some changes because I noticed the same problem in her Netscape 7.2 browser )I can listen to the radio in FF on my Linux machine.Any suggestion anyone?

I'm running 2K, FF v 2.0.0.3 and WMP 9.00.00.3349 and it works okay for me (high speed). I do have to enable javascript to see all the menus and be able to select Cape Breton.

Thanks Liz!As I said it was working fine until a few days ago. I used to listen to it daily. I'll keep on trying but if anyone has a suggestion let me know.

Well that one works ep_p!!!Where did you get it or how? It sure used to be, still is in Linux, and would be to go to the site and just do a few clickings however.

Yeah!I don't know what did it but it is now working.1. I removed all the cookies related to CBC in FF. No go.2. Then the cookies related to CBC in Netscape. No go.3. Went to the site Liz mentioned and reinstalled Win Media Player 9.0. Still no go.4. Finally I rebooted the machine and voilà.I just love listening to the radio while I am on the net.Thanks epp_b and Liz. Greatly appreciated.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ldownloads.aspxgo here, scroll towards the bottom and see if you need the Netscape plugin. On one of my computers, the site does not work. FF tells me I'm missing a plugin and can't install it. When I click manual install, it sends me to the above page.
if you check about:plugins you will see that you don't have any listings for windows media thereyou need to place these files in your plugins folder in firefox:npdsplay.dllnpdrmv2.dllnpwmsdrm.dllthen it should work

Can I just copy the dlls that I have in a working 2K computer and install them in the plugin folder to a non-working 2K computer?

• 3 weeks later...
Can I just copy the dlls that I have in a working 2K computer and install them in the plugin folder to a non-working 2K computer?
i have only done this on xp but it shouldn't be any different for 2000, so yes :hmm: