Verizon DSL

nate01pa

The article in SFNL of June 17 encouraged me to switch to Verizon DSL. I contacted Verizon and ordered the service on June 19 and it was up and running within a week. I did have to call Tech Support twice to get the installation right: once when the CD hung and another time when I could not get online at all. The latter turned out to be because I had inadvertantly turned off my LAN connection.There is an option in the connections setup under WinXP to show the icon in the System Tray. My recommendation to is to enable the option. Then, if you want to disconnect, just right-click the icon and select disconnect.Preliminary test indicate 3-4 times faster than my old Earthlink-Covad DSL connection. They never seemed to be able to upgrade my connection from the old fixed-speed service I originally got in January, 2000.

SonicDragon
Preliminary test indicate 3-4 times faster than my old Earthlink-Covad DSL connection.
Awsome! Glad it worked out for you!By the way, welcome to the forums!

Just curious....When you right click the ICON in the system tray does the option you speak of say "disable" or "disconnect"?I would be curious to know that.Rod