PCLos 2007 released next Sunday ?

Bruno

I am hearing rumors that the new PCLos 94 aka 2007 will be released next weekend . . . most likely on Sunday . . . So keep an eye on the mirrors, and of course on this forum for the announcement.;) Bruno

Thanks for the heads Up Bruno ;) Hopefully the dell Latitude D600 will be here before then BUT ;) We can still try it on Screenless HP Lappy tooCheers for yearsColin ;)

texstar:There will be another test release before a final is issued. There are too many people who are having boot hangups.
AND
texstar:I suspect final to be released some time in April. We are trying to clear as much as we can from final but we are a volunteer group with a small staff who do what we can when we can. Thank you for your understanding and patience while we try to clear some bugs from our final release.
AND
Quote from: alexjamestodd on Today at 11:22:03 AMwill it be upgradeable to final ? Quote from texstar:Sure! You might need to configure it, write some shell scripts, update your rpms, check your dependencies... probably do that twice, patch your kernel etc but should be easy for a supervillian like yourself. tee hee
Edited by C_P

That's cool, I'd much rather have another TR and another check-out rather than jump to final and having to "fix" a final I think Tex and the ripper gang tend to lean towards the side of caution and get it as perfect as they can before sending a final out the door. I have TR3 running on a few boxes with few issues(nothing that can't be workedd around pretty easily But I would imagine TR4 and then final will improve on that ;)

I'll wait. At least it won't take 5 years and still have problems when it is released like another OS. :hysterical:Thanks for the heads up.

Is there any place to download PCLinux that is not a beta version?I think Texstar may have pulled all the old versions off. I wanted to help someone resize his windows partition by running PCLinux but I do not want his first look at linux to be a beta product.I know how this works so that's what I suggested. I'm not familiar with other partitioning tools like Ubuntu uses not QTParted.

Yep the 9.3 big daddy is still available . . I think on the mirror in Belgium . . . I will do a search and come back to you.;) Bruno

Thank you tonnes Bruno! Not everyone wants to run a beta. I really think texstar should have left up one stable version somewhere.

Well Well Well Dell D600 is HERE :clap2: NOW where is PCLinuxOS 2007 TR4 or Final B) Tried TR3 Live and it would not boot SO I seem to be in a :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Land right now as D600 is hitty missy to TURNING ON into Windows May be have to try Kubuntu or ??? Live eh :o :thumbup: Cheers for yearsColin o:) :thumbsup:

Barry :clap2: Got into PCLinuxOS 2007 TR3 after struggling gettin Lappy to turn onThere seems to be ??? with the ON Switch - times it will boot other times light just goes out and try try try again :thumbsup: It may be just the Dell Latitude Silver surround that needs pressing down which I am playing with right nowBut it frustrates this November's Child B) and as there is only a 30Day warranrty I have relayed this to the Ebay sellerSo we be still HANGIN in thereCheers for yearsColin :thumbup:

Ah..That could be several issues, from bad conntection to power supply, I hope you find the answer..Could be something just loosened during shipping..I hope you get your answer quickly

I thought test 4 would have been put up by now, there must have been some last minute changes. They even took down the announcement. ;) Tommy

have your monkey keep squeezing 'em off, they'll get the idea... :w00t:
;) Better keep an eye - or better yet a couple of eyes - on those mirrors ... :)

Ever notice he never has to reload. He must have a really big clip in there. I don't think that handgun has the range to get the attention of Australia. I should warn Ocilent 1 to not make the monkey angry though, he has access to WMD, and enough frequent flier miles to make the trip. ;) Tommy

Ruh Roh!Looks live someone may have forgot to pay the bill or they are exceeding some bandwidth limits...

Account Temporarily DisabledThis account has been temporarily disabled. If you are the owner of this account and have questions about its status, please contact your provider's technical support staff.Thank you for your understanding.