The Tiki Lounge

Guest LilBambi

Jeber --Holy Toledo! There be Penguin Avatars here! Oh, NO! They're everywhere!Yes, alas, 'thread mutt' has hit many Topics in the Water Cooler it seems, LOL! But I have 'sticky'd' this thread to the top ... now maybe it will get its proper respect ;)Oh, my....That Triangle 'thing' was totally weird. Hope they don't find us! Where's the Copper! I need copper!!!LOL! Caddyshack ... ah, yes, the true pest* eradicator's dream B) Keep your chin up Jeber ... you will prevail! ... Remember, the important thing is quality not quantity B) at least that's what I have been told. B) BTW: Loved the world press release! Very funny stuff!*insert any pest name here

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LilBambi

Wow! Ryan!Did you have to go so far the other way with your avatar! That's just plain jolting in the morning! LOL!

Oh Teacher...not you, too? I mean, Teacher...whatever happened? You don't seem to have any avatar at all! The purpose of this thread was to be the dissemination of quasi-official SFNL misinformation. Instead it's become a warped version of the Discovery Channel. But now, with all this avatar business, the little sardine-lover has crossed the line. I'd challenge him to a duel, but with those little wings he could never hold a light saber (my choice of weapon). So I guess I'll just have to man the borders and guard the beaches.No one in a tuxedo shall pass! (I'm making an exception for all the members he's managed to delude into altering their avatars...members are welcome anywhere in the forums)

Oh, my....That Triangle 'thing' was totally weird. Hope they don't find us! Where's the Copper! I need copper!!!
I was trying to decide if Jeber had written that & if you go to the index page - is that Jeber at the computer? Jeber, are you stockpiling copper? B)

Sieb...if I ever get that weird, please call Dr. Earle. It will mean the medication isn't working. B)

Wow! Ryan!Did you have to go so far the other way with your avatar! That's just plain jolting in the morning! LOL!
Hey... somebody had to shut down the penguins... Might as well be the man himself! :DThe only problem is that the penguins are a lot cuter B)

Sieb...if I ever get that weird, please call Dr. Earle.  It will mean the medication isn't working.  B)
I'm afraid to even ask who Dr. Earle is. I tried to look him up on the internet, but there are way too many Dr. Earles - each one stranger than the next!

I'm afraid to even ask who Dr. Earle is
He's my very special doctor at my very special home...for former foreign diplomats. OK, I've decided to fight fire with fire. I've altered my avatar, too. I think Bill eats penguins...he seems to eat anything...then hacks it up along with a hairball. :)

Oh Teacher...not you, too?  I mean, Teacher...whatever happened?  You don't seem to have any avatar at all!  The purpose of this thread was to be the dissemination of quasi-official SFNL misinformation.  Instead it's become a warped version of the Discovery Channel.  But now, with all this avatar business, the little sardine-lover has crossed the line.  I'd challenge him to a duel, but with those little wings he could never hold a light saber (my choice of weapon).  So I guess I'll just have to man the borders and guard the beaches.No one in a tuxedo shall pass!  (I'm making an exception for all the members he's managed to delude into altering their avatars...members are welcome anywhere in the forums)
I don't know what happened. I was sitting at my keyboard, pondering the grades I should give the children for the day. Hmmm, what did they earn, no, what should I give them, ...... when suddenly I felt this chill, an arctic breeze. It moved across my desk coming up from the side where my computer lay. I reached down to feel the breeze and all of a suddenThere were penguins parading across my screenThey came after my avatar. Not only have the hijacked it once today, but I think five times. I have lost control. What do I do? Please, oh Minister of Mis-Information, give me guidance. I need information, cause I just don't know what to do.__________________Chilled at the beach

Boy teacher, this is a tuffy! In your case, I'd suggest the following. We know the little beasties don't like heat. So immediately unplug all the fans in your computer case. Put a floor heater near your computer and turn it up to high, or as high as you can without causing the wallpaper in the room to peel off. Run your computer non-stop. At this point you should be able to reset your avatar and have it stay changed.But you know...I'm not so sure anymore. This penguin lives in Amsterdam, for gawd sakes, not the arctic. How many penguins you figure live in Amsterdam? I'll tell you...NONE! Not a one. So we know "he's" lying about "his" location. So what else has he lied about? Lab Rat called up, and we agree, the answer is that "he" is not a "he"..."he" is "they". It's a whole flock!! :) One posts advice in the Linux forum. One woos curly-haired humans of any persuasion in the "Linux Lover" topic. Another is Bruno the Mod. And so on... That's why their post count is so high. They can post 24/7. It's shift work. And then there's that multi-personality Don Juan in the test area. Boy, he's a whole flock within one bird. ;) The bad news is...we're outnumbered. Who knows how many are in the flock, when they all post as one bird? We're not going to surrender, I assure you. But we may have to change our tactics. I'm going to reread some of my old psy/ops training papers and see if I can't come up with something. I'll post again soon. ;)

JeberI await your review of the latest Psy-Op manuals. I always figured he was really in Amsterdam since we had to be briefed before traveling there and debriefed after traveling there. You know, some of the guys and gals in my unit never seemed to fully recover from their trips there. We had to quietly send them out the door. Do you think he was perfecting his trade back then? The question is - Is Bruno truly a penguin - or is he something more? Please check with your Intelligence sources as well. Check with Dr. Earle. Is he missing anyone? Oh, the wallpaper peeled, the windows melted, and instead, it looks like my avatar went to the beach! I think she ran away on me!LilBambi - Do you have a special trick to keep the penguin away? Oh no, I think he is here! ping.gif

SFNL NEWS FLASH...PEACE IN OUR TIME...Dateline Water Cooler 5/18/2003In a surprise turnaround, QOMOMI Jeber today announced a negotiated peace in the ongoing War of the Avatars. It appears leaders on both sides of the conflict met in private to hammer out an acceptable truce. While details of the settlement are still being withheld, we can say with certainty that peace has once again been established in the forums. Some parts of the agreement have been leaked to the press. It seems the Linux faction has agreed to retire to the pre-conflict area known as the "All Things Linux", while the Water Cooler has been declared a "safe" area for forum members to relax and chat. However, if members wish to chat about Linux, they must chat within that forum. The leaders of both sides agree that this will keep the topics relevant to the subject of each forum. It has also been agreed that members attempting to renew hostilities will be deleted, or their posts will be deleted ( we haven't secured a copy of the agreement, so we're not quite clear on this point). We have also been able to talk to Jeber for just a moment as he shuttled between negotiations. "This is a much needed agreement between two camps that never intended to initiate hostilities in the first place. The conflict began between the avatars. They were the guilty parties. The people behind the avatars just lost control at some point and the avatars went wild. There is no hostility between the people. Why, for example, I use Windows but am trying Linux. Many of us are. That's certainly not a reason to declare war. But the avatars didn't understand that. We have now regained the upper hand, and we won't be letting the avatars control our conversations again. If they refuse to abide by the peace agreement, we may have to return to the board-provided, generic avatars. That will show them who's boss!" Bruno was not immediately available for comment, but it is hoped he will be able to appease his followers with good advice and expert know-how. Jeber has said he will continue to entertain and provide bad advice. Both will retire to their respective forums to finalize this settlement and once and for all time halt the offensive behavior of the avatars. We were unable to interview an avatar for this report.I.M. AdoofReporter At Large

jbredmound
SFNL NEWS FLASH...PEACE IN OUR TIME...
I stopped...I read...I put down the car I was ready to throw. Peace! Now I can go home...buy some new shirts, go on with my life..."Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk to you again."Just because I'm big and green doesn't mean I'm not sensitive.

Quint, man, I just cut the rope and am free, my throat is still swollen, can´t speak . . . . . but Lennon and Ghandi did not survive !B) Bruno

Ryan...per your avatar: The problem isn't penguins or rats. It's BUGS!Georgeg4...

I figured this is more appropriate for a dummy on a linux forum
You lost?? The linux forum is two doors down on the right. Knock 3 times to enter. B)

Ryan...per your avatar:  The problem isn't penguins or rats.  It's BUGS!Georgeg4...
You lost?? The linux forum is two doors down on the right. Knock 3 times to enter. B)
Knocking three times won't get you into the Linux forum... you'll need to open up a console window and type< knock -3 OpenLinux >That'll let you in :)Penguins and Rats and Bugs, Oh My!!!

Penguins and Rats and Bugs, Oh My!!!
That's it. .... I am out of here. I am going to go follow the yellow brick road. :D ____________________off to see the wizard

Guest LilBambi
Ryan...per your avatar:  The problem isn't penguins or rats.  It's BUGS!Georgeg4...
You lost?? The linux forum is two doors down on the right. Knock 3 times to enter. :D
Knocking three times won't get you into the Linux forum... you'll need to open up a console window and typeThat'll let you in :)Penguins and Rats and Bugs, Oh My!!!
LOL! Of course if you have Festival installed you could actually tell the computer to 'say' that line for you Ryan!LOL!* RedHat actually comes with RPMs for Festival on the CDs

OK, don't think I missed that reference to Red Hat! Please re-read the peace agreement. Incursions into this forum by Linux-talk will be met with armed resistance. As I have maintained since the beginning, "There are no penguins in this forum". B)

jbredmound
Check with Dr. Earle.  Is he missing anyone? 
I was with Dr Earle this afternoon at the Hannabal Appreciation Picnic, and we told me that we are all right where he wants us...where we can't hurt anybody. He ended his comment with, "Shovels, indeed!"