• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• striker

• Urmas

• SueD

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jodef for pointing out: I've corrected and checked the link to the new one.I also added: How to print to a shared Windows printer (from the same PClos portal)Also checked all other links in the thread and added a 'link checked' date at the bottom of the initial post, besides the 'modified date' that was already in place. B) Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

While checking the links there seems to be regular problems with the docs.pclinuxos.com server! So in case you can not get the links going, I'm aware of it but it's out of my reach.

Found a workaround for one of the two docs.pclinuxos.com server links and added it to the appropriate entry.

I use a HP V45 deskjet all in one It is an antique printer but it works just fine in SUSE and my present distro PClos 9.1 . It is recognized and installed automatically by both distros

Is that openSUSE 11.1 or 11.0 George?I've added it to PcLos 2009.1 and (for now) openSUSE 11.1. If that's the wrong one correct me George. And thanks for posting!

Is that openSUSE 11.1 or 11.0 George?I've added it to PcLos 2009.1 and (for now) openSUSE 11.1. If that's the wrong one correct me George. And thanks for posting!
I was using it in 11.0 striker and now I have just PCLos 2009.1 and Slackware 12.2 as I said along with Windows Vista

Hi all,Just purchased a new printerBrand and Model: HP Photosmart C6380inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: Inkjet All-in-One (but no FAX) (Each colour in its own cartridge)Driver used: Works with hpjis (default in ububtu) and hplip (downloaded) Neither driver reports the state of the ink. Might be the printers fault.Distro used: Ubuntu 9.04Bill

Hi all,Just purchased a new printerBrand and Model: HP Photosmart C6380inktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: Inkjet All-in-One (but no FAX) (Each colour in its own cartridge)Driver used: Works with hpjis (default in ububtu) and hplip (downloaded) Neither driver reports the state of the ink. Might be the printers fault.Distro used: Ubuntu 9.04Bill
Thanks Bill, I've added your printers model.The status report should be there, it's fully supported through HPLIP: see:http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/model...300_series.htmlI would start a new thread for correcting the status issue.

Striker, I found my error. I was looking under System> Admin> Printing.There is a new icon HPLIP Status Service. It shows the status just fine.BIll

Not sure why anyone would want to, but maybe they are suckers for punishment like me.I set up a CHEAP Lexmark X1185 all in one inkjet printer using this support doc "https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardwareSupportComponentsPrinters/LexmarkMultifuncPrinters". It actually works ok, almost as bad as in XP.While I was setting it up, back in December on a new install of intrepid, I found that most people were saying to stay away from anything Lexmark, but it works.However, I have just upgraded to jaunty and haven't tried it yet, (it's upstairs on my wifes Vista computer), but I don't anticipate any issues.Brand: Lexmark X1185, all in one inkjetDriver used: CJLZ600LEDistro: Ubuntu Intrepid, maybe Jaunty too.ColinEdit: I can confirm it works in Jaunty, had to drag the $#@!^%$!!! printer downstairs and hooked it up to my comp and it printed just fine. Interesting, when it was disconnected, Jaunty said no printer attached, but when I plugged it in, it showed back up like it was never gone.

Edited by colin.p

Thanks Colin, it's added in the Ubuntu 8.10 section.I didn't add it to the Jaunty section : when I get a positive report from someone it works OK in there too I willl. Thanks again for posting! <_< @ BIll: enjoy your new 6380 ! :w00t:

added two more printers at the end of the first post:Canon ImageClass MF4270 MFP and Dell A 940 AIO.

• 1 month later...

Just went out and bought a new printer, the Lexmark was falling to pieces (surprising how these cheap printers won't tolerate a few hard "smacks").It took longer getting the drivers installed on my two windows computers, with jaunty, I just turned the printer on and it installed the native hp driver. It prints fine, even though I haven't tried any of the other stuff it does.I have the printer connected to a trendnet 452 brp wireless router and all computers print.I like the idea that I just type in the IP address into FF and I get to the printer settings. If I knew how easy it was to set up, I wouldn't have spent so much time on the Lexmark.Brand and Model: HP Officejet 6500 Wirelessinktjet, laser, MFP/all-in-one: MFPDriver used: just plugged it in and away she wentDistro used: jaunty (9.04)

securitybreach

Archlinux x86_64HP PSC 1315V All-in-OneHplip driverAfter running

hp-setup

and adding via cups everything works perfectly.Thanks

Edited by securitybreach

securitybreach
Thanks for posting colin.p and securitybreach. Both printers were added. B)
No problem. At the time of the original thread I did not even have a printer. So thanks for bringing it back up.Thanks

I am running PCLinuxOS on a couple towers and am using a HP officejet 4215 all-in-one on one and a lexmark Z22 on the other. I was thrilled to be able to dust off the Lexmark and use it, since I still had an unopened ink cartridge.

I am running PCLinuxOS on a couple towers and am using a HP officejet 4215 all-in-one on one and a lexmark Z22 on the other. I was thrilled to be able to dust off the Lexmark and use it, since I still had an unopened ink cartridge.
Hi L_P, I'm assuming the pclos version you meant is 2009.1.The drivers for both printers were offered by the distro itself.Are these assumptions right?

Sorry, the version is PCLinuxOS 2009.2 on both, and yes, they worked from within the OS drivers.
Aha, thanks L_P, I've corrected the entries. And again thanks for posting!

Arch Linux i686, 2009.8HP LaserJet 1320The printer sits a couple of feet away from the Arch computer, but the printing route goes through a Windows 2003 server downstairs. I set up printing via CUPS, identifying the LaserJet 1320 printer instead of the JetDirect device that makes it network-compatible. It works flawlessly. I used the Foomatic driver that came along during the installation, not an outside driver.I reported this same printer with Ubuntu a while back, so this may not be real news, but I thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Eggdog

Thanks Eddie :thumbsup: , posting is always appreciated and certainly if the printer is working in another distro. I've added the printer to the correct (new) section.

As an update, I was able to print with the HP 6500 wireless by plugging it in and it installed via CUPs (if I'm not mistaken). However, I am a perfectionist freak and if there is a "fancy" GUI for the printer SW I have to try and get it to work. I tried with hplip 3.9.2 from the repositories, but HP tools would not see the printer, even though I could still print with it.A little digging and I was finally able to install the newest version of hplip (3.9.8) and now all functions of the printer are available.I followed these tutorials:http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/insta...tall/index.htmlhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/390194http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1...+detect+printerAll is right with the universe, at least until I try and fix what wasn't broke again.Edit: Seems that this printer is very flaky in 9.04 using hplip. HP Device Mgr will see the printer rarely, most of the time I get a "Communication error 5012" and "sometimes a reboot, powercycle router and restart the printer and it will enable, but more often than not, it won't. I have done several hours of searching and have come to the conclusion that there is no definitive answer to the problem. Until this issue https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/309833 is resolved, I am stuck booting into windows to print.I have the printer connected wirelessly to the router and using a dynamic IP, however as usual, it works fine in XP and Vista.Edit-Edit (again): Got it working with a solution from Aaron Albright from Launchpad.net: https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/81249From his reply:It looks like the printer queue is using the hostname. Is it possibleto try using the IP address instead?sudo hp-setupSelect manually discovery, then enter the IP address, etc.If that fixes it I'll need to do some testing using the hostname ratherthan the IP and see if there might be some issue.Thanks.Aaron

Edited by colin.p

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbsup:
device_uri = "hp:/net/Officejet_6500_E709n?zc=HPD323A9"
Use the ipp protocol (for example like this: ipp://192.168.4.6:631) and it should work flawlessly.

• 2 years later...