• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cluttermagnet

• RandomBox

• Gary

• Specmon

I have had it with Microshaft. I Beta tested Vista and Office 2007 for those people and I got squat for doing it. A waste of my time. Vista is nothing but Eye Candy. The search feature and explorer sucks. This topic title says it all! B)

I have had it with Microshaft. I Beta tested Vista and Office 2007 for those people and I got squat for doing it. A waste of my time. Vista is nothing but Eye Candy. The search feature and explorer sucks. This topic title says it all! B)
Gary? Am I hearing you say you may be changing camps to Linux sometime soon? Oh yes! And what kind of reward were you looking for as a beta tester? I don't recall them offering any type of reward (monetary or otherwise) for users to beta it {can I use 'beta' as a verb? :P }------------------------------------------------------------------Brian Livingston of Windows Secret newsletter has a full discussion on how to install UPGRADE WinVista without having an older Windows version in the system.I would urge all to subscribe to WindowsSecrets newsletter. (Free or the Plus edition) as it truly is a worthy read! Edited by RandomBox

When one door closes another opening is found. B)
I doubt seriously that M$ is going to leave the door wide open for people buy the upgrade version rather than the legitimate one. Edited by lewmur

I'm not interested in debating any of you any further. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I promise I will not start a thread in the ATL forum entitled "Linux be Dam*ed".
Period. :thumbsup:

Gary? Am I hearing you say you may be changing camps to Linux sometime soon? Oh yes! And what kind of reward were you looking for as a beta tester? I don't recall them offering any type of reward (monetary or otherwise) for users to beta it {can I use 'beta' as a verb? :hmm: }------------------------------------------------------------------Brian Livingston of Windows Secret newsletter has a full discussion on how to install UPGRADE WinVista without having an older Windows version in the system.I would urge all to subscribe to WindowsSecrets newsletter. (Free or the Plus edition) as it truly is a worthy read!
Reward? Some testers got free versions of Vista Ultimate. When Microsoft Contacted me about trying Office 2007 since I was a Beta Tester, I expected it to work as designed. It would not permit the download of clipart or templates. It said that my version of Office did not pass the WGA test :devil: The version that I downloaded from the link that M$ sent me. :thumbsup: They wasted my time. I expect nothing from M$ and that is exactly what I got. As for Linux. I have been using it for about 3 years.I do subscribe to Windows Secrets-It was better when it was The Langa Letter.

Cluttermagnet
Source No Clean Installs using an upgrade DVD. One must have an operating Windows OS or fork over $399.00 for the Ultimate Version of Vista. M$ puts it to the consumer once again.
Actually, yes there are clean installs from an 'upgrade'. See Here. particularly posts #8 and 10.

Actually, yes there are clean installs from an 'upgrade'. See Here. particularly posts #8 and 10.
Yes I know, I have read the thread. One question remains. How long will M$ leave this option available? At the time at date of my post there were no known clean installs. Edited by Gary

Vista family discount purchasers stuck with invalid keysBy Justin Mann, TechSpot.comPublished: February 1, 2007, 7:50 PM EST More annoyances are surfacing as the launch of Vista enters its second day. Now, it seems that many who participated in the family discount program, Microsoft's attempt at giving a “bulk†discount to people who own several computers in a single home, have been issued invalid keys. On top of having a key that doesn't work, Microsoft currently has no fix for it, no plans to issue more keys and no word on when it will be fixed:Microsoft says, “This is a known issue and has been escalated to the program manager.†When asked what could be done I was told, “I can take your name and number and call you back when there is a solution. If that is not acceptable, I can cancel your order and issue you a refund.†I was also told, “There is no expected time period for a fix at this time.â€It seems rather odd, to me, that the license keys are also tied in with any sort of volume discounts. Smaller issues of this sort have occurred in the past, and it has been Microsoft's s
OOPS