Windows not booting

Noonmid27

ok im having some trouble with starting my windows installation. Im able to get to the splash screen but i dont have options to select my accounts anymore and it will not load up the desktop. i tried to use the installation disk to repair windows, but i really dont know which command would repair such a problem. can i get some help with this please as i have a lots of important files and PDF books on windows that i would hate to have to get again.

I had what sounds like the same problem, and I hit the alt+ctl+del keys and got a log in screen and then went on like normal. You can try it.
Well what i was trying to do was load the SATA drivers for my second HD. When i got the message to hit f6 to get options for SATA and SCSI devices, i put in the floppy disk and selected the the drivers i then continued with the setup but windows would not allow me to setup my second HD without a full installation of the operating system which i did not want i then aborted and now i cant get into windows which is on the 1st HD. only aborted the setup because i figured i would be able to install windows on the second drive because it was already registered once i installed it on the 1st.

My theory is that you 'moved' your disk after XP was installed, which is why the bootloader stalls (the boot.ini is pointing to a Windows partition on a different controller and disk). In that case, you may need to edit the boot.ini file. I usually boot a Bart's PE CD and edit the boot.ini file using a text editor. If you're using SATA drives, I suggest you PM Peachy or Temmu for help about the correct boot.ini paramenters for the current controllers/disks/partitions setup (if you are using LILO as boot manager, a copy of the config file will be helpful).

Edited by b2cm

My theory is that you 'moved' your disk after XP was installed, which is why the bootloader stalls (the boot.ini is pointing to a Windows partition on a different controller and disk). In that case, you may need to edit the boot.ini file. I usually boot a Bart's PE CD and edit the boot.ini file using a text editor. If you're using SATA drives, I suggest you PM Peachy or Temmu for help about the correct boot.ini paramenters for the current controllers/disks/partitions setup (if you are using LILO as boot manager, a copy of the config file will be helpful).
Well i just took a look at the harddrive it self using the ultimate boot CD, it said that NTLDR is missing and NTLDR is compressed and i should press control alt delete to restart. this was looking at the sectors of the harddrive. also when i have a disk in the DVD ROM drive and select the windows from my boot menu it automatically takes me into windows setup and ask me to insert the windows Cd rom, when i do the bar indicating the installation process reaches about 75 percent before it freezes and nothing happens. can i get some help with editing the boot.ini file

If you have an aborted install on your Windows partition, there's no point of editing the boot.ini file. If you have a Linux distro installed on the same machine and it boots/loads, mount the XP partition and copy all the files you want to save to the linux partition. Then run Windows XP setup, format that Windows XP partition and install XP to that partition.