New Live CD: VectorLinux 3.2

Bruno

Quint,At the ¨spa¨ ?? Is that what she told you ? . . . . . . I thought she was . . . ooops, I´m not allowed to tell ! :( :DB) Bruno

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teacher

• Bruno

• quint

• tranquilo

Top Posters In This Topic

Quint,At the ¨spa¨ ?? Is that what she told you ? . . . . . . I thought she was . . . ooops, I´m not allowed to tell ! :( :DB) Bruno
Will not inquire... :( Found just the perfect accessory for Julia's new PC (first she should purchase the Logitech Mouse/Keyboard), and then:Extravagance :D :(

QuintThe perfect match: bugs in your computer and woodworms in your mouse . . . :( :DB) Bruno

GentlemenHow did you know I would need a little humor on returning from "The Spa"? I try to keep my poor teacher salary a secret but it is posted on the state's web site. All you have to do is figure out that I am over educated and have too many years experience and bingo, you know what I make. North Carolina passed their budget and announced a 1.8 % teacher raise. What they did not explain was that it was not a raise but simply the "required by law" step increase for number of years teaching. This is the second year they have done that to us. :huh:Now The Spa pays peanuts. And the comptroller asked me today to teach computer classes. I told him I would consider it. Once he decides that is what he really needs I will let him know he won't get it for peanuts! They will have to pay me what I am worth! Do you think they can afford it? :DWhy do you think I am a little "tight" with my money? Just because I believe in a balanced budget and no debt? I know I am unusual. Would you expect anything less than unusual from me? :blink:Now about that keyboard, mouse combination! Hmmmm. Maybe it is time to go shopping! The wood. I think I will let that one pass. I have actually looked at those before. Just does not make sense to me....Bruno Of course it is a spa. They make us wear all white. What else could it be? :D You are the world's worst at keeping my secrets. First you blab about my blowing up computers. Now you blab about the spa. What is a woman suppose to think?Next thing I know you will be telling Quint I like to party and entertain a lot. Don't you dare! :( I will let you gentlemen buy me the monitor! How about that?

JuliaHonest I was not going to tell that you did the lifeguard-job on the beach . . . . . nor that you participated in that TV show . . . what´s it called again ?? . . . Baywatch ??I won´t say a word. :D :( Bruno

You are forgetting - Just remember I go and work out every day by swimming in the ocean. That's more than anyone needs to know! The tan is from swimming, not sitting in the lifeguard chair. Now, young man, just what have you been doing with your time that you know all about Baywatch? :(

Now, QuintLook at her avatar . . and what do you see ?? Is that so hard to guess ?Julia, I only heard talking about the show, never did actualy see it . . . . but I´m sorry now I did not ! :(:D Bruno

Now, QuintLook at her avatar . . and what do you see ?? Is that so hard to guess ?Julia, I only heard talking about the show, never did actualy see it . . . . but I´m sorry now I did not ! ;)B) Bruno
(Walking on eggshells :unsure: ) Many things: artistic talent, happiness, inner beauty, outer beauty, "Sun-kissed", *. :D

QuintAre you full of baloney today? Artistically challenged - that's my daughter. Me - no. I might agree to sun-kissed since I do get so dark in the summer. Now inner and outer beauty. I firmly believe that is in the eye of the beholder. I get this teen magazine in the mail free and they have a section called the 20 hottest hotties or something like that. I look at the guys and just shrug my shoulders. You could be fat and with pimples and be beautiful if you have a great personality in my book. Or you could be what is considered knock-dead handsome and have a nasty personality and that would make you ugly in my book. Maybe I am just too old. I have not figured out how to make the clock go backwards. In fact, I don't think I would want it to. You could not pay me to be 21 all over again - or 31 or 41 or .......!

QuintAre you full of baloney today?  Artistically challenged - that's my daughter.  Me - no.  I might agree to sun-kissed since I do get so dark in the summer.  Now inner and outer beauty.  I firmly believe that is in the eye of the beholder.  I get this teen magazine in the mail free and they have a section called the 20 hottest hotties or something like that.  I look at the guys and just shrug my shoulders.  You could be fat and with pimples and be beautiful if you have a great personality in my book.  Or you could be what is considered knock-dead handsome and have a nasty personality and that would make you ugly in my book.  Maybe I am just too old.  I have not figured out how to make the clock go backwards.  In fact, I don't think I would want it to.  You could not pay me to be 21 all over again - or 31 or 41 or .......!
Julia,Your post has brought to the surface something else, that I neglected to mention, awareness...insightful awareness, to be exact. :unsure: Not "full of baloney" - brussels sprouts! B) Agree whole-heartedly, would not want to return to my youth...it's part and parcel of who I am now, that will suffice. :D You have wonderful thoughts, and beliefs, Julia - thank you for sharing. B)

Quint If you are going to keep listing my character, maybe you better add "stubborn, hard headed" "keeps trying and expecting different results, and talks way too much!Brussle sprouts. Hmmmm. That sounds good. I think we all agree that we are happy being of the "more mature" generation on the forum with no desire to be young again. Well, maybe Bruno would like to start over. :unsure: You have to watch for those wild penguins across the Atlantic.Do you have a boat? Deep sea fishing has been outstanding lately!

Ach, come on be gentle on Hubby . . . some people have just more talent for computers then others . . . .don´t blame him ! Just blame yourself for being over-talented !:D Bruno
Oh my. Hubby wanted to know about Linux. After an explanation he said I could leave it on the computer when it becomes his computer. He said it sounds like a step in the right direction. Guess it is time for the family Linux lessons! :unsure:

Julia quote:

QuintIf you are going to keep listing my character, maybe you better add "stubborn, hard headed" "keeps trying and expecting different results, and talks way too much!
Rather, "very self-confident" - a trait far too few people, possess.
Do you have a boat? Deep sea fishing has been outstanding lately!
Two:excursion1900.jpgp896737reg.jpgLike the smaller one...more versatile and easy to handle (125 lbs.), use in the Ohio R., creeks, small lakes and ponds; the bigger one is almost exclusively for Lake Erie. Neither has seen NaCl H2O. :unsure:

Guess you don't have a boat big enough for around here then! Shucks. I was going to say come on out and bring the boat. Let's go fishing! We use kayaks in the canals and the sound. Hubby has a collection of them. :unsure:

Guess you don't have a boat big enough for around here then!  Shucks.  I was going to say come on out and bring the boat.  Let's go fishing!  We use kayaks in the canals and the sound.  Hubby has a collection of them. :D
Actually, the Sylvan could handle the bay...just wouldn't want to take it into "open water"; had it in 6 foot waves in L. Erie and it did just fine (although wouldn't want to make a habit of it)! Have never been in a kayak, or a canoe, for that matter - no room for my seven tackle boxes, and ten rods/reels. :unsure:

You do sound hard core when it comes to fishing. The real fishing here is not in a bay but the ocean! You need a boat that can easily handle those six foot waves. You can do it. :unsure:

SonicDragon
Have never been in a kayak
:( Maybe teacher will lend u one ;) Have fun, and don't forget a dry bag for all your electronics :)========================================================================On second thought... all her penguins have probably taken over her boats :) Edited by SonicDragon

SonicDo I have a flock of penguins? I wondered what all those tracks were in the sand! Of course I would lend Quint a kayak! I'll clue you in though, kayaks and "electronics" are not a good match. We had a guy from Lithuania stay with us one summer and he took his cell phone along. After the kayak was flipped he discovered his phone had to be somewhere in the bottom of the canal. He never did find it. Kayaks are fun. They are a lot like canoes only closer to the water.