Worst waste of software code

Prelude76

jbredmound
I guess I must be one of the 5 people in the world that has never watched American Idol or Survivor or any of all this reality programing that is on the TV.
I'm #2!

Cluttermagnet
I guess I must be one of the 5 people in the world that has never watched American Idol or Survivor or any of all this reality programing that is on the TV.
Hey- There must be at least 10 of us. I never watch that junk. It's just pathetic. I add my voice to the others in this thread who worry how bad American TV is making Americans look.When I was a child, my family didn't get a TV until I had reached age 10. I used to feel sad we did not have one. I was lucky, however- I used that time to get enjoyment from reading books, exploring the neighborhood, and playing with other kids. It was probably a good thing after all. Once my family got its first TV, I watched promiscuously for way too many hours. I would watch almost anything- tag team wrestling (from Bridgeport, CT- lame), Queen for a Day (man, those women told some awfully heart-rending stories, and it seemed so sad that most of them got sent home with nothing), ;) really awful westerns, etc. Well, once in a while, something good like Outer Limits or the original Twilight Zone with Rod Serling- spooky!The TV had a way of taking over. I would waste far too many hours on it. I also eventually did the cable TV thing as a young adult, and again tended to watch too much. After only a couple of years having cable, I moved again and didn't even bother to activate cable at the new place. Slowly but steadily I seemed to be cutting back on my viewing hours. At this point, I watch mainly some good PBS things and news/weather. I am aware of media bias in our country, so I also make an effort to see BBC etc. for hopefully a little more balance. I also surf the net a lot, and have friends who tend to be a little anti-establishment, anti-war and so on, so I do get fed a steady stream of counterpoint articles, writings critical of our country's institutions- business, government, legislature, judiciary, and the now mostly right-wing US media, and so on. I think I get a pretty balanced view of current events but I bet that most folks just immerse themselves in cable (or over the air) TV and get fed a pretty steady diet of the same old biased garbage.I am not at all surprised that some people in snoepie's country are rejecting American TV and products. I can't blame them for doing that, although I think that only part of it is anger over recent events. I think the other part is simply that American TV is so stupid and makes us look so bad. As everyone points out, a lot of Americans hate those TV programs too. I hate the shallowness it projects, and all the gratuitous violence that gets portrayed. I like a good documentary or travelog or a good funny comedy. I don't need any more over the top drama and violence. I would definitely watch an old MASH rerun for the 100th time before I would tune in to "Idol" and Survivor and junk like that. I just do not have any need to watch people eating bugs. Yikes! American TV is now largely morons programming for morons. There, I said it. Sorry, but that is how I feel. I spend way more time on the computer anyway. :D

just when you think developers can't stoop any lower
Indeed, I fear for my beloved America. If this is what is popular among the majority of Americans we will not last another 200 years.Acadia

You give it that long LOL! You are optimistic!  :lol:
Yeah, I figure look how long Rome lasted and they were feeding people to the lions for entertainment which has got to rate a little bit worst than American TV.Acadia

Guest LilBambi

Yes, you are right ... and from that we might have a longer life span yet!Then again, living in the vastness of the future where things tend to happen a bit more quickly, including getting mail and news ... I figure it might not be quite that long LOL!Still you made an excellent point, despite their ethical, sociological and spiritual degradation, it still took an amazing amount of time to see it filter down to their eventual demise.

Stonegiant
Yeah, I figure look how long Rome lasted and they were feeding people to the lions for entertainment which has got to rate a little bit worst than American TV.
I've never seen any of the "reality" shows, but I'd be willing to bet that the shows are heading towards actual death/dismemberment/pain on TV. Jackass is a prime example of the pain part. I give it, at most, 5 years before show owners will pay people to have various appendages removed on camera. As for death? It probably won't be very far behind... Edited by LilBambi

American Idol : The Video Game......Please, please, please...let it be a FPS!
Ya I would buy that if it were a first person shooter. I hope the add the Producers in a characters so we can add them in our frag count.For that matter combine all the stupid reality shows in we can see how many constestants we can frag. Talk about a complete wast of time. What ever happened to plain old star search on sometime saturday afternoons opposite golf and the saturday movie. If this keeps up the should rename primetime to something more fitting. For instance, commercials more commercials and a little of content hour.Chris :D

Count me in on the reality string. After the second survivor I dropped. I did watch some of the amazing race episodes and agree with Prelude. The scenery is wonderful!Snoepie -- I agree with your comments as well. The american TV shows are pathetic and show a very slanted view of americans. Thanks for being open minded!My tv time is usually during the mid evenings and I have been watching BBC on my satalite. Three shows have captured my attention and I try not to miss any of them.The Office -- A mockumentary of a britsh office. "Dilbert on TV"Coupling -- A britsh version of friendsManchild -- 4 mates in their mid 50's going through some serious mid life crisis. The british coffee guy is one of the actors.

SonicDragon
being able to laugh at our own humanity.
That seems to be getting easier and easier. Is there such a think as backwards evolution?
Snoepie -- I agree with your comments as well. The american TV shows are pathetic and show a very slanted view of americans. Thanks for being open minded!
Ditto. Thanks. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
Oi..  And to think that Computer Gaming World gave out it's first 0 star rating on Postal 2...  Makes me wonder how they'll rate the American Idol game. :lol: