Forum slow

Grasshopper

I was noticing page load times in excess of 30 seconds, but it seems to be better now.I also got a db connect error about 5:40 PST.:hmm:Adam

Guest LilBambi

Thanks for the reports.James also got a mysql timeout about 7:43am.I took the forums offline and did repairs to the database again.Hope all is well again. The forums seem to be loading well at this time.

For some reason the Forum seems to be slow at early morning times US EST ~ 0600. I thought that with no members on line at the time it would be faster? Is there any auto maintenance routine that is being run at that time?? Right now it is fine. :thumbsup:

James M. Fisher

Aside from the one instance with the SQL error, there are times I have come here and the forums are 'offline'.

Guest LilBambi

You are absolutely correct James.When database maintenance is done on the database, the forums are taken offline, also when the database is backed up.This morning the forums were offline twice for these functions.

There was an outage that had nothing to do with me just recently. I don't know whether that was IX performing the database transfer or not, since I've had no communication from them for over 24 hours. I was expecting to have to make a configuration change after the database move. So I'm thinking it might just have been a coincidental IX outage.-- Scot