Firefox 2.0

Gary

Well I won't be upgrading till some extensions are working. I see adblock works with 2.0, but tab mixed plus isn't yet.
There is a temporay TMP that you can use:http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3515This extension will make any extension compatible. I would not use Firefox without it.https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/421/ (Mr Tech Local Install 5.3.1.1) Edited by Gary

If You use Mr Techs Local Install Extension you can make any extension compatible.https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/421/
Yes and no... the only thing that extension does is prevent the barrier from extension developers not updating the maximum version they want their extension to work in. Developers specify the minimum and maximum versions their extension works in and most of them don't set the maxVersion past the most recent stable, thus new releases catch them unawares.If an extension, however, hooks into a large portion of Firefox and requires it to work in an expected way, but that piece of Firefox was changed for 2.0, that extension may corrupt your browser. So be careful.

Yes and no... the only thing that extension does is prevent the barrier from extension developers not updating the maximum version they want their extension to work in. Developers specify the minimum and maximum versions their extension works in and most of them don't set the maxVersion past the most recent stable, thus new releases catch them unawares.If an extension, however, hooks into a large portion of Firefox and requires it to work in an expected way, but that piece of Firefox was changed for 2.0, that extension may corrupt your browser. So be careful.
The extension was updated about a week before 2.0 came out. I have been using this for years without a problem. It does other thongs as well and actually performs the duties of about 5 extensions. But your right it does have to be used in a prudent manner.

I've used that previously (I think) back before I upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.5...I didn't like it and things broke. That's just my experience.Again, I'll wait for a couple months until the extensions catch up with the browser.I like FF and it's my default browser, but this is an inherent issue...and I don't mind waiting...I have it set up just the way I like it.

I've used that previously (I think) back before I upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.5...I didn't like it and things broke. That's just my experience.Again, I'll wait for a couple months until the extensions catch up with the browser.I like FF and it's my default browser, but this is an inherent issue...and I don't mind waiting...I have it set up just the way I like it.
You think? Well here is a link to the homepage that explains what this extensions does. I know that I have used it for quite a long time and it never broke anything.http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/index.html

Thanks, Gary. That one worked, but I never did learn Polish and my husband is at work so can't translate for me. I really need to have an English version or I'll certainly mess up all my favorite settings.

Thanks, Gary. That one worked, but I never did learn Polish and my husband is at work so can't translate for me. I really need to have an English version or I'll certainly mess up all my favorite settings.
Well if this board permitted uploaded files I could upload it to you. The Author of TMP said that he would have the real thing in less than a week. Tomorrow will be a week. ;)Try this linkhttp://stashbox.org/2924/tab_mix_plus-0.3.5rc2.xpiIt is in English and it works. Edited by Gary

Ah, life is good! That worked perfectly, Gary. Silly as it sounds, my favorite part of TMP is the way the tabs are displayed. I now have the favicons back in the tab and can quickly navigate from site to site merely by recognition (i.e., its really easy to pick out SNF from the open tabs with Scot's mug displayed. ;) ). The one thing I don't like about FF 2.0 is the default tab width pixel setting. I often end up with a lot of tabs open and don't wish to scroll from side to side. I have changed the default pixel setting with TMP.It is strange that the "Use Bookmark name as tab title" only seems to work with one of tabs. For example, LandzDown Forum shows in the tab with the favicon + LzD (as expected with the selected TMP setting); whereas Freedomlist has the favicon but the tab title reads freedomlist.com::Index instead of FL. On the other hand, this site takes the title of the thread as the taab title.

The one thing I don't like about FF 2.0 is the default tab width pixel setting. I often end up with a lot of tabs open and don't wish to scroll from side to side. I have changed the default pixel setting with TMP.
There is a fix for that here.
How to I get tabs back to how Firefox 1.x was? Type about:config in the address bar, press enter, and set browser.tabs.closeButtons to 3 (puts the tab close button on the right instead of on the tabs), browser.tabs.tabMinWidth to 0 (lets tabs get really small before scrolling), and install this style (gets rid of the drop marker).

Guest LilBambi

OK, I gave in and got the Windows version of FF 2.0. I love it!I mentioned it in epp_b's thread I think it was. All but my Image Pref Extension were already updated to include FF 2.0. I also found a few more too. ;)I love the builtin spellchecker. If I remember correctly, the developer of Spellbound was working on that part of the project.Hope to be able to get the Fedora Core version soon too. Not sure if it's out yet, but I haven't had time to check.

Thanks, Webb. Indeed, TMP does allow for adjusting the pixel size of the tabs. I made that adjustment as soon as I restarted FF after installing TMP.Gary, any idea why the bookmark as tab title is inconsistent (actually only seems to work on one bookmark so far)?

Thanks, Webb. Indeed, TMP does allow for adjusting the pixel size of the tabs. I made that adjustment as soon as I restarted FF after installing TMP.Gary, any idea why the bookmark as tab title is inconsistent (actually only seems to work on one bookmark so far)?
I do not use that feature so I would just think that it is a Bug in the extension and will be fixed when the final version comes out , which may be today or tomorrow . The link that I posted was for RC2 so I hope it will be soon.