WinPatrol v10.0.5 Beta Test

TeMerc

It’s been quiet here at BillP Studios as we get ready for a new maintenance release of WinPatrol 10. There’s nothing special with this new release but I am looking for some friends of Scotty to give it a whirl. If you’re willing, you can download the beta of this maintenance at http://www.winpatrol.com/beta.html.One of the main changes has to do with how data is read and stored in the Window registry. I’ve never been a fan of registry cleaners and I’ve seen a few cases where over-zealous cleaners wiped out important data saved by WinPatrol. The new version has some tricks to get around any possible problems.The other major change is a simple upgrade on my part to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The main reason for the change is to prepare WinPatrol to take advantage of some new functions which will be available in Windows Vista. In theory, using Microsoft’s newest compiler shouldn’t break anything but it is still a major change.
Bits From BillNote* Beta applications are generally an unfinished product still in testing and as such, users unaccustomed to dealing with beta programs should refrain from using them. Edited by TeMerc