[RELEASE] IPB v1.2 RC 1

havnblast

New Features in 1.2 RC1Boolean operators introduced into the search functionQuick JS page jump added to all pages (inc. ACP)Added options to the warning systemFast reply: accesskey "f" opens, accesskey "s" postsFast reply: Tab index addedFast reply: On mouse over, onfocus addedXML1.0 and RSS2.0 feeds added to ssi.phpIP Chat: Ability to deny groups access to chatIP Chat: Auto-log in for membersFor complete bug fixes - check out the postIPB Official PostWill probably be testing this out in the next day or two

Kelly, I have had not time to try 1.2 in beta or RC. Arena and I had intended to set up dualing beta test boards. But I've just been too busy. So I'd welcome your impressions and experience with it.I welcome the upgrade, because there are many changes we can use. But the need to reskin is a big deal. Have you worked with that aspect yet?Also, how did the forum handle avatars? I've heard that module is completely redone. There were no issues with existing avatars?-- Scot

muckshifter
Also, how did the forum handle avatars? I've heard that module is completely redone. There were no issues with existing avatars?
None all work fine.
But the need to re-skin is a big deal.
Not really, just change back to the 1.1.2 default. With the simple 'skins' you have here it should be just a re-import.There are a whole host of 'goodies' behind the scenes that make Administration a lot easier, not to mention some nice things for the ‘punters’ to play with. This is still only RC1, however, beta 1 was very stable and I can’t see it being too long before the ‘Final’ is released.Mucks. :)

Hi Scot:It's seems to be going well with everything. Avatars are all fine I still need to get some different one up yet. I have not attempted anything with skins besides editing the existing files. I have gone in and did my own editing to the existing files. The .css process works a little differently, but easy to figure out. I'm still not completely satisfied with mark unread still displaying. You can make a post in the forum and than go to the front index page and it will show their is a new post so you click to see the new post and their is no new post, but it does work better than the current version.IBPlanet.com is full of discussion of the mods and getting things to work with the new version, but have not run across too much yet on the skinning.You can take a look at the 1.2 I setup at Here is my 1.2 Forum and see what I have done with it

Dunno if any of you testers have run into this, but it's something to check out. (This link was posted in the MozillaZine forums)http://www.designtechnika.com/board/index....?act=boardrules

The new Invisionboard 1.2 RC1 used with Firebird .6+. There seems to be not only post oddities but post counts being off in threads, ie, missing posts. This does not happen with MSIE. Whether it is a Firebird problem or a bug in RC1 I do not know. The only thing we can do is wait until a new release of either software is released or a fix is found. In the mean while, as much as this pains me to say, you may want to use MSIE or better yet MyIE2 to avoid these problems. Thank you.

98.9% of of browsers 8®rûy site are using MSIE.  ;)
I know... was just curious if this came up. and what is this? (8®rûy)?

Well it was a word when I typed 'em.  :lol: ... it's not the first time I've seen that happen.  ;)
No biggie... thought maybe it was a Firebird issue until I opened it in IE and saw the same thing... Strange.... ;) ;)

All I use is Firebird on that forum and I have no problems using it with that version of IPB. It acts the same as IE does with everything pretaining to the forum so I don't see how they figure that.