Apt-Get for Mandrake...

quint

Hi all,Was browsing in the "software management" section of MCC, found the package "Apt" was available, d/l and installed fine, (chose this because of how well it works in RedHat, Debian), but when I tried it, it just gives this error message, which I do not really understand:[quint@localhost quint]$ suPassword:[root@localhost quint]# apt-get updateE: Syntax error /etc/apt/vendors.list:11: Extra junk at end of file[root@localhost quint]#Any help is appreciated. :D

Hi QuintThey say that apt-get does work with Mandrake, but not the ¨apt-get update¨ Updating in mandrake is done with the special Mandrake Update tool in the MCC.Apart from that I do not see any advantage to apt-get in compaire to urpmi. I think urpmi is far better suited for Mandrake then apt-get.:D Bruno

Hi QuintThey say that apt-get does work with Mandrake, but not the ¨apt-get update¨  Updating in mandrake is done with the special Mandrake Update tool in the MCC.Apart from that I do not see any advantage to apt-get in compaire to urpmi. I think urpmi is far better suited for Mandrake then apt-get.:D Bruno
Thanks, Bruno...was about to ask a very similar question, when I saw that you had already responded. :D Could it be that "Apt-Get" conflicts with "urpmi", and if so, will it have any detrimental effects on Mandrake? :D

Apt-get is originally made for Debian, then it was adapted to suit RedHat, with all the fuss around it ¨someone¨ thought it was clever to make it for Mandrake too . . . . . . people were asking for it too . . . . .sigh . . , sometimes they just make to much software . . . . . just stick with URPMI :D !:D Bruno

Apt-get is originally made for Debian, then it was adapted to suit RedHat, with all the fuss around it ¨someone¨ thought it was clever to make it for Mandrake too . . . . . . people were asking for it too . . . . .sigh . . , sometimes they just make to much software . . . . . just stick with URPMI :D !:D Bruno
Points well taken, and am very pleased with "urpmi", will just use it. Thanks. :D