WorkGroup & Domain

rhoverton

Have a home network using workgroups. One W2000 & One W98.The W2000 is a laptop with VPN and a Domain name for dialing into work.Can I share the printer on my W98 at home or are you allow only one of the other(Workgroup & Domain)

Your laptop should be able to see the Windows 98 printer as long as it is shared and you have the correct network protocols installed. You need to explicitly turn on File and Printer sharing for the Windows 2000 laptop to see it. For security reasons, it is best that you install NetBEUI on both machines and enable File and Printer sharing via that protocol and disable it for TCP/IP.

The laptop sees the 98 computer. (Everything you suggested is set), but when searching for a printer, it searches the Domain only. When I click on the 98 computer ICON, it says I need some king of service installed but ofcourse, the laptop is locked down to operating system installs since it belongs to work.oh well, thanks B)