Mozilla Flavors Confusion

RandomBox

RandomBox,I only have one request: Please post in plain English so our members from all over the world can understand what you're saying. We have many members from non-English speaking countries that are doing their bests to follow the happenings on this board. They (and I) would surely appreciate it if you would use "You guys" instead of "uze guyz". :lol: Also, I understand you're not happy with the Mozilla projects, and I respect your opinion, as do the rest of us. Our only issue has been that we couldn't tell why you felt the way you did. That's all we were trying to find out. It's very easy to understand someone's frustration if he/she explains the problems and real reasons for the dislike, it's not so easy when we get an "I hate it" without a reason for it. Your post cleared some of that up, but it would have been clearer had it been said in plain English. :lol: I assume your point is that you don't care for Firebird because you just want to point, click, and be there. You don't like having to mess around with code, extensions and whatnot. That's fine! I have no qualms about that, and I see where you're coming from. I agree that Firebird is not really ready for mass-market use yet. Many people are like you, they just want to install a program, open it, and have it work! ;) Firebird can do that, but does lack some of the features "out of the box" that other programs have. Mozilla's whole purpose behind the Firebird project was to develop a slim base browser that had the ability to be customized to each individual user's wants and needs. It works that way now, but isn't as "user friendly" as it could/should be. Maybe by the time they get it "production-ready" they'll have cleaned this up and solved these issues. :lol:

I almost cussed out AOL when just a few days ago they cut their association with Mozilla.org! But today I was greeted with the great news that AOL just donated $2million (over the next few years) to the MozillaFoundation with additional contributions that may be pouring in from other people/organizations! How cool is that???? Here is the headline, today: MOZILLA.ORG ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF THE MOZILLA FOUNDATION TO LEAD OPEN-SOURCE BROWSER EFFORTSAmerica Online Pledges $2 Million to Help Launch Independent Non-Profit Industry Leaders Reaffirm Support for Mozilla Read the details of the MozillaFoundation << here!Me be buzzzzzing in happiness for Mozilla! :DEdited on August 14!I have been using Firebird 0.61 for about two weeks now and I am TOTALLY happy with it; although I still cannot get FlashPlayer to play nice with FireBird but this is not a big issue with me as if I really need to watch a Flash Page, I revert to IE6!I am still trying to get the nerve to Try ThunderBird as OutlookExpress is no longer being developed by MicroSoft! Only time will tell!