Scot's Newsletter - June 2006

Scot

webster72n
Visual Tour: 20 Things You Won't Like About Windows Vista * Finding the Right Antivirus Program, Part III * Cyndy's Digital Photo-Editing Toolbox * Review: Apple MacBook Pro 17-inch | Top Product! * Link of the Month: MacPrices.comhttp://www.scotsnewsletter.com/81.htm
My question is unrelated to this post, but I need an answer:I would like to start a new topic by referring to a post made by 'rpiz' on July 30, 2005'It has to do with removable drives not working under windows.How can I achieve that?webster72n. ;)

webster72n
Welcome webster72n!Can you post a link to the topic. That may refresh people's memory.
Boy Peachy, I tried everything I know and can't reproduce that particular link at the moment.I found it looking for an answer to my problem:CD-ROM wants to format, but can't and Floppy A asks to insert a disk, when one is in the drive already.Both drives work in DOS. The OS is WinME.The poster was "rpiz" and the date July 30, 2005.Hope that helps.webster72n.

It's not that difficult. Go back to the thread where rpiz posted. Click the quote button. Then go to the appropriate forum and click new thread and the quote should show up!

webster72n
It's not that difficult. Go back to the thread where rpiz posted. Click the quote button. Then go to the appropriate forum and click new thread and the quote should show up!
Just came back here to find your reply, Julia, thank you.Managed to find the "missing link" in "My Favorites": "http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=12806".Surely hope this may get some results, to prevent having to "reinstall" or some other "drastic" measures.webster72n.

Just came back here to find your reply, Julia, thank you.Managed to find the "missing link" in "My Favorites": "http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=12806".Surely hope this may get some results, to prevent having to "reinstall" or some other "drastic" measures.webster72n.
Here you go: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...topic=12806&hl=

webster72n
Thank you Charred, have no idea why my given url was different and not "live".Added it to Favorites right from the webpage.As you can see there is no solution to the problem at hand in this thread and hopefully someone might come up with a workable remedy.My situation is exactly the same as described in that thread: I tried all mentioned angles and can only hope for "a miracle" now.BTW should I start a new post under "Hardware" or something similar?webster72n.

Thank you Charred, have no idea why my given url was different and not "live".Added it to Favorites right from the webpage.As you can see there is no solution to the problem at hand in this thread and hopefully someone might come up with a workable remedy.My situation is exactly the same as described in that thread: I tried all mentioned angles and can only hope for "a miracle" now.BTW should I start a new post under "Hardware" or something similar?webster72n.
Yes, start a new thread or better yet just reply to the thread started by rpiz.

Hi Scot,I am looking for "Looking for the Right Antivirus Program, Part I."I can't locate it in the Back Issues. I am wondering why you decided to ditch NAV after using it for so many years?I recently needed a different AV, and after trying KAV 6, NOD32, and Avast, I settled on KAV 6 for my desktop, and am trying a 6 month trial of F-Secure. I like both, and will continue to keep KAV 6, and so far am inclined to keep F-Secure when the trial runs out. KAV uses the least memory of any I have tried.Thanks,Jerry

Hi Scot,I am looking for "Looking for the Right Antivirus Program, Part I."I can't locate it in the Back Issues. I am wondering why you decided to ditch NAV after using it for so many years?I recently needed a different AV, and after trying KAV 6, NOD32, and Avast, I settled on KAV 6 for my desktop, and am trying a 6 month trial of F-Secure. I like both, and will continue to keep KAV 6, and so far am inclined to keep F-Secure when the trial runs out. KAV uses the least memory of any I have tried.Thanks,Jerry
I am using Avast and it works great on Build 5308. Avg would not work at all on that build. I would think that Avast will work on build 5384 as well. :thumbsup:

Was there no Part I?Thanks,Jerry