PDF with PHP pdflib

macdunn

I am starting to generate my own PDF forms / pages with PHP and my ISP has PDFlib GmbH Version 6.0.1p1 installed. Every pdf example I create has www.pdf.com displayed diagonally across the displayed form no matter what I do in the code. Does this mean that my ISP has not bought a license?TIA for feedback.

Hi Peachy,Well, to answer my own question, PDFlib GmbH (the provider of pdflib.dll) says in their FAQ --Q: Why does a stamp with the text www.pdflib.com appear on all my pages?A: This demo stamp appears when one of our binaries distributed by PDFlib GmbH is used.The stamp can be disabled by purchasing a PDFlib license, and applying the delivered license key (serial) at runtime with the PDF_set_parameter() function or a license file as indicated in the manual. With the COM and .NET editions of PDFlib the license key can also be supplied during the installation process.Yeah, yeah, I could have gotten this answer without posting this question here, but by posting it here, if other people have the same problem but are not able to figure out the owner of the pdf lib used by their ISP, they can get the answer here, on Scot's Newsletter Forums!-macdunn-

It would appear so! :devil: That's just tacky.
Edited by macdunn

Guest LilBambi

LOL! Great question and answer. ;)And it was a great question because others will now beware or be aware -- as the case may be. :D

Well, I have Apache/1.3.24 with PHP Version 4.3.2 installed on my (Windows) development machine (localhost) and it has PDFlib GmbH Version 4.0.2 $Revision: 1.112.2.7 $ running without the www.pdflib.com banner displaying. So I can test and generate my desired PDFs (invoices in one case) without the banner. But if I want to put PDF-generating code on my website (hosted by my ISP without the necessary license) I will not be able to have clients use it. My ISP is great in all other respects and the license fee is fairly hefty -- PDFlib 6 Euro/US-$ 450, PDFlib Personalization Server (PPS) 6 Euro/US-$ 1350, so I can understand the reluctance of my ISP. Especially since they do not use it internally.But, as I already said, my localhost installation (PHP downloaded from http://museum.php.net/win32/php-4.3.2-Win32.zip , REMEMBER that the location is www.php.NET, not .org!) works fine for both my development / testing and internal production. This is just one reason (of many) that I usually use older versions of software rather than the newest versions.Again, get the answer to your Web Development questions on Scot's Newsletter Forums!-macdunn-

Edited by macdunn