Debian

greengeek

Sounds fair - be sure to let us know - I am also interested in it and yes the internet if full of tutorial and source code to play with. I learned a lot of Visual Basic and PHP from planetsourcecode.com taking apart other's source code to see how they did it makes a world of a difference.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greengeek

• Bruno

• quint

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW: I remember about a year ago, someone called in to TechTV, and asked Leo to recommend an easy to understand, and versatile programming language...his answer was (very emphatically): Python. This is an area that I definitely want to pursue - will be watching this thread and awaiting your experiences.

B) I've decided to start with Python and Java as I have both on all three distros.If I manage to learn anything then I'll need guinea pigs to try out my new programmes.

B) I've decided to start with Python and Java as I have both on all three distros.If I manage to learn anything then I'll need guinea pigs to try out my new programmes.
Here I am, Joy>guinea-pig.jpg :)

Joy,Have a look at This program/script, only 5K works like a dream . . . . those are the things we would want you to write; small, neat and effective B) :) Bruno

B) OK, looks like I've got a few guinea pigs to start with. I'm obviously not going to learn programming over night so I probably won't be spending as much time here while I'm learning.

Hey hey . . stop ! Joy . . we need you here . . don´t leave us all alone . . . hop in now and then will you ? :)B) Bruno