Canada to follow suit with DRM?

epp_b

amazing, fining citizes, assuming them guilty, before the act!
Yup, guilty until proven innocent. Pretty sad.
did ya see the movie, 'the minority report?'
What? That's a movie? I was sure it was on court TV or something...

Canada doesn't aways follow what happens in the States. The levy system might change but until we get a majority government, I can't see anything happening on peripheral items.

Canada doesn't aways follow what happens in the States. The levy system might change but until we get a majority government, I can't see anything happening on peripheral items.
Well, I hope that's more than wishful thinking.But hey, Mr. Harper actually used be a programmer, so I'm thinking he actually has a clue about technology! Certainly more than some other politicians I'm thinking of...

Well, I don't mind tellin' ya that Harper scares the bejeezus outta me. If there's anyone that will cave to pressure from the US, it is him. E.g. the whole softwood lumber discussion is just for show. It should have been a done deal ages ago since we clearly won in international court, but the americans have managed to drag the process to a virtual halt and now Harper seems to be cooperating with their efforts, cheery news reports notwithstanding. The good news is that Henderrob has a good point in that under a minority government at least, nothing much is likely to happen anytime soon. I sincerely hope the current government sets a new record for brevity in office.

If there's anyone that will cave to pressure from the US, it is him.
Er...and wishy-washy Martin won't have?
E.g. the whole softwood lumber discussion is just for show. It should have been a done deal ages ago since we clearly won in international court, but the americans have managed to drag the process to a virtual halt and now Harper seems to be cooperating with their efforts, cheery news reports notwithstanding.
He's only been in office a few months. We'll have to wait and see.
The good news is that Henderrob has a good point in that under a minority government at least, nothing much is likely to happen anytime soon.
Ah, yes - very good point!
I sincerely hope the current government sets a new record for brevity in office.
Definitely.

Er...and wishy-washy Martin won't have?
Perhaps that is true but it is not relevant. Whether or not Martin would be just as bad or worse does not effect the actions of the current government. However, I do believe that Nevertheless, we seem to be in agreement on the two key points that drm would be bad for Canada and that we need to put the kibosh on it before the next majority government no matter who is running it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Mebbe I have a future in punditry lol. I love this new deal Harper cut with the americans for softwood. He's managed to cut the free trade agreement off at the knees in absolutely no time flat. Good job me boyo.

Sort of ironic isn't. A Conservative government negotiates the NAFTA and then a Conservative government basically reduces it to something worth less than the paper it was signed on. :) I guess the U.S. government hated losing every single NAFTA dispute on softwood lumber.

Guest LilBambi

I'm 1/5th of 1/4 French ... (other 3/4 German). Not Canadian though...All I can say is Grrrrr ... this may just make the Canadian artists road more uphill than it might have been if the French hadn't been so blasted wishy washy. :hysterical: