• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• teacher

• striker

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be so nice to see your work published on the Net . . . . . ;):D BrunoPS: If the pages are already in HTML you can just upload them to your homepage . . . no need for a web-editor-software-package

BrunoI have tried that with each page individually but MEMORY is FADING :D as to wether it was in .ODT or HTML nowCONFUSING you bet your sweet tushie I AM B) :devil: :whistling: Cheers for YearsColin :hysterical:

Open them in OpenOffice . . and save them as .html . . . . . . . that is how simple it is :D( Next you can open the .html files with a browser to check if all is okay )B) Bruno

BrunoI FAILED again OOPS I mean IT DID NOT WORK :P :D Tried uploading the whole book in the keeboo index html and GOBBLEDYGOOKSo somewhere I am missing somethingBUT :D B) :hug: :P :devil: :whistling: ENJOYING my EXPERIENCES :P Cheers for YearsColin :hysterical:

How do you mean it did not work ?? Does OpenOffice not save to html ??And what is:

the keeboo index html and GOBBLEDYGOOK
???:D Bruno

BrunoYES Openoffice and StarOffice save in htmlBUT when I uploaded to MY website it was a FULL page of--->>>ugQCq;oiho[ iknp[s[ap;#] .--->>> GobbledygookThoughts maybe THEY the ISP only support IE and all mine are opened up in FF Colin :D

Edited by kamicota

wrong transmission mode during upload? ascii/auto?Is there anything else already on your website you uploaded yourself Colin?

Edited by striker

Also ( next to the remark of Striker ): if you open the .html file on your computer with a browser ( before uploading ) does it show okay ??:D Bruno

Striker last time I tried with FF I got Gobbledygook & with IE got Parent directoryBrunoYes all the html's from Staroffice open up Cheers for yearsColinBruno & Striker I just opened the post link up and got this--->>>PPK

Yes, that's the parent directory. In there you have to upload your html files.Is there an index.html you made in those staroffice files? If not, you need one with the links to the other html files.If you like I could make a simple test html file for you which you could upload to see if that works.

Edited by striker

If you like I could make a simple test html file for you which you could upload to see if that works.
Yep Striker I think that would be a good idea . . . . . B) Bruno

making it right now.Colin : send me a PM with your mail address : I'll send the test html file to that address with a couple of instructions.

Striker BrunoI am Washed out --->>Just uploaded successfully :thumbsup: and now I get a 404 errorSo I guess WE need a MIRACLE :P how abot one eh :"> <<<---THERE I HOPE THAT DID THE TRICK B) Cheers for YearsColin :o

I get the index page !!

Welcome to Colins place.
Well done Striker !!!I get the pics too . . . B) :"> . . . nice pics !!:thumbsup: Bruno

Go and have a look .... it's working !I'm off to bed now, wife is almost killing me...help...assualt..batteryyyyyyyyyyyyyy B) :">