• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• teacher

• striker

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

Julia :thumbsup: I wouldn't mind that IF THEY LET ME GO FOR IT AT THEIR EXPENSE :hysterical: Cheers for YearsColin :hysterical:
:whistling: That would be the chance of your live Colin ! I always wanted to see how they put together a laptop in their plant, or how those big companies produce their equipment. But yep, the EXPENSE.. :whistling: Somehow it should be fair after all you got through with that lappy that they at least send you an invitation for that. :whistling:

Now here WE ALL go again :P Bruno--->>>Confusion again :w00t: DELL or HP :w00t: Striker--->>>Surprise SURPRISE--->>> Toshiba CONTRACTS out to ACER for their Laptops :pirate: HU???Julia--->>>Who says I want to go by PLANE--->>> I'm SUPERKAMI and CAN FLY :D :whistling: :clap2: Cheers for YearsColin :thumbsup:

Edited by kamicota

:w00t: A real surprise...indeed ! :D From here to there to ...and back again and further to ... Eh Colin : any possibility to trade it in for an Acer when it is there ??? :whistling:

Nope :o Striker :P :D Right Now I AM LEANING :thumbsup: a DELL or HP :w00t: eh???Trade int to WHENCE THIS LITTLE BEAUTY CAME FROM = Computer Trends and they TAKE Trade ins :D eh???But we will have to see because :w00t: I am STILL waiting for Toshiba Global to ring me back :clap2: Cheers for YearsColin :pirate: :whistling:

:whistling: Right Now I AM LEANING :D a DELL or HP :w00t: eh???
Hi Colin . . from what I know the HP laptops, the business models ( not the consumer ones ) are Linux compatible ;)The next ones are even "certified" ( meaning even the wireless works out of the box ):HP nc 4200HP nc 6120HP nc6220HP nx6110HP nx6125HP nx8220Dell latitude 110LDell latitude 120LDell latitude C 810Dell latitude D 610:thumbsup: Bruno

Colin . . . with the "certified" ones you can no go wrong ! The certification process is a very exhaustive one to pass . . . and is far more then only looking if you can install Linux on it :w00t: Only the very best pass the test !:D Bruno

Thanks BrunoThe Dell latitudes were OLDER models the new oners in Canada are the INSPIRONHave found the odd HP and am still searching as WAITING for the Global call :D Cheers for YearsColin :w00t:

Those are older models. If you get one with an IPW2100 or 2200 they have support built in to all kernels 2.6.12 or later if what I have read is correct. :w00t: I have had no problems with mine. The reason that is built in is becuase they are now the most popular built in wireless.Just stay away from ATI and PCI Express video.

I know. Even my laptop has ATI. I was just thinking and wondering. I would like to save you a few headaches along the way. It is much easier to look at potential problems before doing something rather than after.

Thank you JuliaEven those Bruno itemised had ATI's )AT LEAST THE ONES I COULD AFFORD :hmm: :D B) )And GUES WHAT--->>>Finally :D :D ;) :D ;) Laptop being PICKED at my HOUSE noe less TOMORROW WednesdayI TRULY can NOW--->>> :D :P Cheers for YearsColin B)

PCLos has a special ATI version of the distro . . . . so problem is solved :hmm:( Also Mandriva is no problem if you get the prepacked version );) Bruno

Yeah Bruno ;) I realize that about PCLos BUT :P WOULD prefer the LATEST NEW :clap: releaseBut HOHUM WE ARE heading in some :fishing: Direction eh :lol: Cheeers for YearsColin :)

There is no new release in the near future. Just keep the updates and you will have the latest updates for now. :) PCLos likes your computers pretty much. ;) :lol:

Two years and everything in triplicate? Has it been that long since we started wondering who this "cheer for years" creature was gracing our forum with his presence? :P :lol: :fishing: :clap: It has been less than three years for me. It has been a wonderful two years following your trials and tribulations. ;) :) :hysterical:You are the master emoticoner of the forum!

Just watch and see how many follow your installs. You do attract a crowd.Some say, If Colin can do it, then I can do it! You lead by example. :lol:

Thank you Julia :devil: Just to update :w00tx100: the box for the laptop from Toronto ended up i Victoria B.c :hysterical: that's a 1300 KM drive and a 2 hour ferry Ride :bounce: ehSo it should arrive tomorrow and "LAPPY" should then be on it's wayCheers for YearsColin :w00t: :hysterical: and STILL :clap2: :clap2: :star:

:huh: GUESS What"LAPPY" FINALLY arrived in OntarioHOPEFULLY the 15 DAY :hmm: SAGA is taking shape for a NEW Motherboard Connection :P What a way to FLY :D Cheers for YearsColin :D STILL :D :P :) I :hmm:

Just hang on Colin until Lappy returnes to business ! Then you can fly with Lappy and its new mainboard. And we'll be here for ya to try answering your questions, counting the smilies you used this time and have a good laugh. :)

Yep StrikerI TRULY HOPE :) So --->>> "New Motherboard"AND it will be a 60G drive with a try of PCLOs again too :D :clap2: EH???Cheers for YearsColin :clap2: STILL in :clap: :clap: :yes: Mode though B)

Colin, you've been so quiet lately. What adventures can you share about PCLos on the desktop computer? I'm sure you haven't been sitting around with the computer turned off pining for lappy. :thumbsup: