I can STILL DREAM can't I

kamicota

So as of now the CERTIFIED Toshiba repair crew at Nex Innovations in Calgary will get their chance on Monday
I'm curious what they'll come up with. :hysterical:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• teacher

• striker

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

StrikerSuppose it can be anything from Dodgy Plattens in the Hard drive ( which seems unl,ikely as bthis happens with both 60G & 30G drives) to a loose wire, something in Bios which may also be unlikely as it is a very simple NOT complicated Bios to ??? :) Just hope it is ready on Monday after I take it inCheers for YearsColin :hysterical:

:) Julia & StrikerHope they have more than :hmm: :hmm: :huh: to work with :hysterical: Hope I can survive another 30 hours or so with all this SUSPENSE :o Cheers for YearsColin :hmm:

After all, Sunday is a day of rest. Take some time off and enjoy your family. :hysterical: Pursue your creative endeavors.

Thankx :thumbsup: JuliaSunday will be a CHANGE of pace, a 3 hour trip to Calgary, some time with OUR GRANDAUGHTERS :D :wub: :hug: :clap: , find where NEX repair facility is.Tonight WE seem to be at loose ends in some SORT of WITHDRAWAL :hysterical: ehCheers for YearsColin :thumbsup:

Edited by kamicota

Hi ColinOne thing you should maybe tell the repair shop is that you changed the HD for a bigger one and that maybe that caused an excess of heat as well . . . and that this overheating combined with the "natural" overheating the Toshiba has by (de)fault ( see complains on many forums on the internet ) could have caused damage to the motherboard/CPU. . . . . . . :thumbsup: . . . ( Well, just guessing here . . . ):hysterical: Bruno

Thanks BrunoI have the 30G in mainly because of my wanting to be compliant with the warranty even though it may not be necessary.I will put your insights on my sheet with respect to the overheating problems with toshibaCheers for YearsColin :hysterical:

Well GUESS WHAT :icon8: :) :o :hmm: are they :angry: --->>>Get to NEX Communicatioms and they say they CAN NOT do the warranty work because :o they are NOT GLOBAL Toshiba Certified and it has to go to TorontoBut a KIND technition took a quick look at it and one OBSERVATION was IT DOES SEEM AS IF THE MOTHERBOARD is COMMUNICATING with the USB PORTSPhoned Toshiba AGAIn this time they SAY NEX SHOULD be able to do this WARRANTY WORKNow I am waiting for the Customer relations Department to get in touch with meSo all in all a WEEK of this and this is the FIRST time I have really FELT and EXPRESSED a little VERBAL FRUSTRATION :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: so there you have it where WE are at right NOWCheers for yearsColin a little :thumbsdown:

Edited by kamicota

PLEASE PLEASE You GuysToshiba IS NOW FINALLY :w00t: in for DIAGNOSIS & HOPEFULLY REPAIR at a Computer Franchise that my friends FOUND on Toshiba website :D :P :hug: NOW HOW did I MISS that :hysterical: Colin :whistling:

Glad to see you're still around Colin. The laptop is in good hands now, they will take care of it and hopefully you'll be back here soon with a laptop full of life and in good shape. Hang on a few days friend !

Thank you StrikerI am FINALLY coming out of that LAPTOP HAZE :w00t: And as you well KNOW :whistling: I am a little short with PATIENCE aren't I :hysterical: Cheers for YeartsColin :hug:

Edited by kamicota

Chears for Yearts? You are coming out of a haze. :hug: Here's best wishes for speedy recovery for lappy.I would be lost without mine. I live with mine I think. I must admit I am on it before I ever get out of bed in the morning. :hysterical:

JuliaI thought I was the ONLY one that did this :hug: --->>>I would be lost without mine. I live with mine I think. I must admit I am on it before I ever get out of bed in the morning. biggrin.gifAnd YEARTS --->>> Think the "T" must stand for "TRIALS" :whistling: Cheers for YearsColin :hysterical:

Edited by kamicota

:oops: WE ARE still in the WHAT's HAPPENING Mode :P :( :o FINALLY :) TOSHIBA Customer Relations contacted and AGAIN another :icon8: --->>>The only place it can go to is Genemations in Markham OntarioEven the Service Manager at Compusmart CALGARY seems to UNDERSTAND this SO--->>>A $45.00 Diagnostic check HOPEFULLY :whistling: Thursday Morning may shed some light on the problemBut as YOU GUYS out EAST of B.C are 3 hours ahead of us PHONING Genemations will be after a talk with Compusmart in the morningWish it was HO HUM but it's more LIKE--->>> :devil: :w00t: :P the :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: are at work and --->>>MAYBE I NEED :zorro: to come to the rescue too :P Anyways--->>>Cheers for YearsColin B)

Thank you JuliaDECISION TIME STILL is LOOMING ahead :huh: the DIAGNOSTIC will NOT be done until 12.30pm (90mins away)Then wether this is a SIGNIFICANT event --->>> at that time I WILL be Going to a Funeral :P :rolleyes: shades of something looming eh :) So it will NOT be till after 2.00pm or so (3hours) that the NEXT course of action will be takenThank heavens for PCLos on the Desktop :D So WE will fritter away some anxious moments for the next 3 hours or so CROSSING our fingers that it does not have to go to Toronto EVEN IF I HAVE to pay for the repair myself it it does not break the bank :w00tx100: as they are NOT Toshiba Global CertifiedCheers for YearsColin :thumbsup:

My OH My :hysterical: The Plot thickens :P -->>>Sunday afternoon and Compusmart Diagnosis is similar to other INFO I have received :oops: Bruno :worthy: from others HERE EVEN though they seem to be at a loss :P have come up with--->>> :whistling: The Mother Board MAY have a problem communicating with the USB :whistling: The Mother Board MAY have a Hard Drive Tray Connection problem :whistling: And there SEEMS to be a Mother Board problemandThe Toronto/Markham GLOBAL certified is off line till am MondaySo looks like another trip to Calgary after speaking to Toronto/Markham Global - just to see when and how this is going to take place :rolleyes: They CALL this RETIREMENT :hysterical: :P Cheers for YerarsColin :thumbsup:

Shoot :hysterical: StrikerNow that would JUST SEND me a LITTLE--->>> :rolleyes: :worthy: :oops: BUT MAYBE :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :hmm: that MAYBE IT WILL BE AN UPGRADE TOO :D but that would NEED :P :P :P Cheers for YearsColin :thumbsup: :hysterical:

AWE GEE :whistling: JuliaI NEEDED that :hysterical: Colin :hysterical:
Glad I could assist. Somehow I doubgt they have to go all the way to Japan to get the motherboard.