Problems with the forum???

mhbell

Guest LilBambi

Got a couple timeouts that led to a IX error page, but once the site loaded the images, the subsequent times seemed to load a little better except on searches like trying to get the last post on a topic with 40 posts in it.

• 1 year later...
Guest LilBambi

You may have noticed some issues the other night where the forums were offline and some posts were missing.Scot, said the hosting company is doing notification in a different way than previously, but he did find out what happened that night when posts mysteriously disappeared.They had a disk RAID array failure and had to restore our MySQL database to a previous backup state (they backup everyday).As far as any IPS errors, I would attribute that to the weirdness on the web in the last few days - however, I have let Scot know about it just in case it is something else). There have been many sites coming and going for no apparent reason. Quite a few people have noticed the same thing including Bruno, Scot and myself. :' />

Guest LilBambi

Scot said the hosting company came across corruption in the backups of some MySQL accounts (likely not ours since we didn't lose posts again last night) on the server. They had to shut down again at about midnight last night. Then they went back another day for those accounts. So, the stuff just after 12AM this morning was accounted for in the latest information to hosting account holders overnight.

Sorry about the loss of posts. It's a pretty dramatic outcome, but I'm very glad to be at MediaLayer. This is by far the best webhost this forums has been hosted on. Glad it was explained properly too.-- Scot

Guest LilBambi

Thanks Scot! Yes, I am also very happy to be on MediaLayer. Our database has never been able to go so long with only minor issues over long lengths of time like it has with this host.Good to see ya on the forums, Scot. I know your life is VERY busy so taking time to post is much appreciated.

I got an error sometime after noon Eastern time Oct. 21st, 2009.I sucessfully read and responded then came back because I wanted to ask a question and the site would not load.

Guest LilBambi

Sorry Liz. There was something wrong and the hosting company quickly fixed it. All better now. It is not unreasonable that they may see some things that need fixing after their array went bad. Should level out though.

• 4 years later...

This is an odd one, and I was having the same issue on my old install of WIN7 Pro after I upgraded to IE10 a few months ago. The enter/carriage return key does not start a new line/paragraph in the new message window. When I need to start a new line/paragraph I have to type the message into Notepad or Word, then copy/paste it from there into the message window. Any ideas?

Edited by mac

• 3 months later...
James M. Fisher

Odd, but I first noticed this problem in FF 29. I switched back to IE and the problem persisted. I switched keyboards, thinking it was my old KB. Still had the problem, although it has not occurred in the typing of this post (in IE) at all. Hmmm...

James M. Fisher

Well it seems OK (on IE) now for some reason. I tend to se a three major browsers interchangeably; I can never stick with one, it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi from the newest forum member. I almost did not make it. When I went to register it asked me to type the letter and number that I saw at right to prove that I'm a human. But there was no number or letter. I tried in Firefox and then again in Internet Explorer. Being the stubborn kind of guy thay I am I just tried a random capital letter and number and it worked. I'm sure that there is supposed to be a visible number and letter there somewhere.

Glad to be here. I've been reading in the Bruno's Linux section, just never joined. Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Two problems with the Cool Music Videos thread I resurrected ( http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=65584&st=25 ) -

- Script error:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=:140

- embedded video jerky, maybe related to above. Same videos play fine directly on YouTube.

It was jerky on YouTube also. I paused it and did some other browsing. When I went back to it and hit play, it played all the way through with no pausing at 1080p.