Problems with the forum???

mhbell

Guest LilBambi

Same here Marsden11 ... since yesterday couldn't get in.Working fine now, though. Scot is aware of the problem.Some folks were able to get on and others were not. Not sure why. Hopefully Scot will be able to find out what the problem was.

Could anyone who has had problems over this last weekend please post about them? Gary, the way I read your message, you haven't had problems *since* the forums were down for a long time and then came back. Am I wrong about that? Marsden, it sounds like you have had the same problems that LilBambi had over the weekend. I could really use more info from other people. I was in the forums several times over the weekend and had no trouble myself. Now it could be that I just missed the trouble times, though. I would like to file a trouble ticket, but I need to some consensus about it.-- Scot

Guest LilBambi

Thanks Scot!Also when you post about whether you were having problems, could you indicate how you connect (broadband, dialup) and whether you are in the US or from another country.Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Gary, the way I read your message, you haven't had problems *since* the forums were down for a long time and then came back.
Yes the forum has been running great since the outage.

• 2 months later...

Many graphics are only showing red x place holders. Many avatars are missing as well including most of the emoticons.So much for a smooth transition...

FWIW I experienced the SQL error an hour ago. Isn't there an option to record SQL errors to a log? Maybe if that was activated the frequency, timings and problems logged could identify the cause.

Just a note: We are going to see cycles of fast performance followed by slow performance with some people seeing brief outages until our webhost fixes the problems they're having with its shared MySQL server. They have not fixed the problem yet. They are working on it. I suspect they're rebooting this server every 5-6 hours, and it's while the machine is rebooting that we get outage errors. But there may also be errors when the server is just maxed out. Bottom line: This is a known problem. Our webhost has acknowledged it. They are promising to fix it. They have not given us an ETA, even though I'm pressing them for one. What they're actually saying to me is that the problems will disappear as soon as they have done what they're going to do to fix it. And we will see immediate improvement and return to normal service.If you post error messages -- and I would encourage you to do that -- it's better not to post screenshots. I'd prefer it if you'd copy and paste the text of the message.Thanks.-- Scot

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have had them a few times over the past months. Although in the last week I have had more sites timing out than ever. Don't know what is going on? Tommy

I had most threads refuse to load, if I remember correctly, on Tuesday evening. Of course Scot's April newsletter came out that day and maybe people who get the newsletter and never come to the forum decided to stroll over and have a look. I didn't check to see how many people were on.

• 6 months later...

This morning I have had more 'connection reset' problems in a row than I've ever had.Try to post an answer and you'll see what happens, if something happens at all. Strange, almost nobody around here and then this. :hmm:

The connection has timed outThis piece of crap I've seen more today then in two weeks past. The clickable smilies box gets filled when I finally can connect, one after one smiley gets in the box. This is after the latest 'The connection has timed out' error message which lasted as long as twelve minutes, starting at about 10.55 AM US time. The forums are sloooooooooow. :wacko:update : 5 PM US time : things seems to be back to normal again. ;)

• 4 months later...

Hello I can not connect to ATL!! It seems my isp.s ip 203.92.54.12 is blocked. It says"mySQL query error : Delete from IPb111_sessions WHERE ip_address='203.92.54.12'I am writing from another ISP's connection. Please help.Anil

Edited by Anil

:D :hmm: :hmm:I could not connect from my work pc today, got an error message about the database but don't recall the exact verbiage. It did have the date and time though.Oddly, as I write this from "home", the clickable smilies don't work - it brings up a 404 error page B)