Been Hijacked

Hawk

I have searched and not found instructions on how to get rid of the hijacker: W32.Sinnaka.A@mmIf anyone can direct me I would be most grateful. I have found much here and learned a lot.Thanks

Guest LilBambi

OK, here's some things that will help:Symantec Security Response @32.Sinnaka.A@mmIt has all the known changes made by it and you can remove it manually. Be sure to follow instructions carefully.Also, over at TomCoyote Forums, you will find this conversation with a Spyware Analyst that might help.I will also put the word out to a HiJackThis! Analyst here on our forums to help you confirm that it's all gone.

Hi Hawk.What was it that pointed you to this particular hijacker? A scanner or your anti-virus?Sometimes using a name given by one vendor does not always mean that the tool found can remove it. So many vendors have different names and then there are variants, which will have names too.Let us know what you have already tried to remove it, and what it was that found the intruder on your system.We can perhaps help better with more details.

When I logged in my home page was hijacked to a page: http://www.yoursystemupdate.com/ I then checked my tools and my normal home page was still listed as my default. I am runnign XP Pro. Also use Zone alarm 6.1.737. I proceeded to run Ad-Aware and deleted the files which it found, no effect. then I EZ Virus which did not locate anything. Norton AV found one file, which I do not remember what it was. When I deleted the file and reran the scan the file did not show up.One other thing is when I access my email (Outlook) I get a box saying norton Antivirus 2005 please wait while windows configures Norton antivirus 2005, then another box comes up and says Norton AntiVirus does not support the repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall. I began having this problem last night and it has gotten worse today. I am beggining to burn my files to cd just in case I have to end up doing the dreaded "F" word. If it would help I can copy and paste the page that comes up. To add one more thing my norton is at odd times coming up saying it has detected and removed Trojan.cownload.spaxe. In advance thanks and let me know if there is any more info that may help.

Edited by Hawk

Another option - run EWIDO:EWIDOMake sure you update before doing a scan. :huh:
I tried running a sys restore and whatever hit me has corrupted that function. so I am going to try ewido.Thanks for the good wishes

Well, sorry I have been away from the box most of the day. Ewido is a good idea, tho, I'm fairly certain we will need a special tool for this removal.Please DL HiJackThis v:1.99.1zip.DL the zip file to your desktop, then create a new folder on your C drive, called 'HJT' or 'HijackThis'. Then unzip the files to the new folder. When you run HijackThis.exe from C:\HJT folder and have it "Fixed checked" it will create a backup file of modifications to use if restore is necessary which is easily accessible.Run the program, and press Scan. You will notice the Scan button will turn into a "Save Log" button. Save the log and Post that log onto this topic. DO NOT DELETE or modify anything yet, as some of it is needed to keep your system in proper working order.Post the log here and I'll get the fix for this infection and clean out any other varmints present.

Edited by TeMerc

hope this is what you are looking for.. Had to do a copy and paste.C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exeC:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exeC:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXEC:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exeC:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exeC:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXEC:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exeC:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exeC:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXEC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\mssearchnet.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvctrl.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exeC:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exeC:\Program Files\ahead\InCD\InCD.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exeC:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exeC:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exeC:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exeC:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exeC:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.907\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.kinston.com/N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.kinston.com/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\William Mills\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\pyrauuvj.slt\prefs.js)N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRA%7E1%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\William Mills\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\pyrauuvj.slt\prefs.js)O2 - BHO: HomepageBHO - {1ca480cd-c0e5-4548-874e-b85b17905b3a} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hp8C0E.tmpO3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: SecurityToolbar - {736b5468-bdad-41be-92d0-22ae2ddf7bcb} - C:\Program Files\Security Toolbar\Security Toolbar.dllO3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HTpatch] C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [inCD] C:\Program Files\ahead\InCD\InCD.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottimeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osbootO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X1100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /ConsumerO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCBackup Scheduler] C:\Program Files\Eisenworld\PCBackup\ABScheduler.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [spyAxe] C:\Program Files\SpyAxe\spyaxe.exe /hO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInitO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quietO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /backgroundO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /backgroundO4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exeO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentO8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZNxdm414ARUSO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dllO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dllO9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLLO9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeO16 - DPF: ActiveGS.cab - http://www.virtualapple.com/activegs.cabO16 - DPF: {05D44720-58E3-49E6-BDF6-D00330E511D3} (StagingUI Object) - http://zone.msn.com/binFrameWork/v10/StagingUI.cab40641.cabO16 - DPF: {288C5F13-7E52-4ADA-A32E-F5BF9D125F98} (CR64Loader Object) - http://www.miniclip.com/inflaterball/miniclipGameLoader.dllO16 - DPF: {3BB54395-5982-4788-8AF4-B5388FFDD0D8} (ZoneBuddy Class) - http://zone.msn.com/BinFrameWork/v10/ZBuddy.cab32846.cabO16 - DPF: {3FE16C08-D6A7-4133-84FC-D5BFB4F7D886} (WebGameLoader Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/rtlw/default/R...bGameLoader.cabO16 - DPF: {4B9F2C37-C0CF-42BC-BB2D-DCFA8B25CABF} (PopCapLoaderCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/rock/default/popcaploader1.cabO16 - DPF: {5736C456-EA94-4AAC-BB08-917ABDD035B3} (ZonePAChat Object) - http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/ZPAChat.cab32846.cabO16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secur...loadManager.ocxO16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse...pDownloader.cabO16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.cabO16 - DPF: {CAC181B0-4D70-402D-B571-C596A47D0CE0} (CBankshotZoneCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_pool.cab36107.cabO16 - DPF: {DA2AA6CF-5C7A-4B71-BC3B-C771BB369937} (StadiumProxy Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/StProxy.cab35645.cabO16 - DPF: {DAF5D9A2-D982-4671-83E4-0398706A5F6A} (SCEWebLauncherCtl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/hsol/default/SCEWebLauncher.cabO16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/dim2/default/popcaploader_v6.cabO16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cabO18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exeO23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeO23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exeO23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exeO23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEO23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exeO23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exeO23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXEO23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exeO23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exeO23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exeO23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exeO23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXEO23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exeO23 - Service: TuneUp WinStyler Theme Service (TUWinStylerThemeSvc) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2004\WinStylerThemeSvc.exeO23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exeO23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

OK:Download SpyAxeFix.exe © noahdfear. Save it to your desktop. Close all other programs and windows. Double click SpyAxeFix.exe, then click Start to extract the tool to it's own folder. Open the SpyAxeFix folder and double click the SpyAxeFix.bat to start the tool. At one point when the tool runs, your taskbar will dissappear, and your computer will restart when the tool completes. A text file named spyaxe.txt will be created in the SpyAxeFix folder. Post the contents of that log please.

Also, please post a fresh HJT log as well, sorry, forgot that part.
This is a fresh HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 5:09:06 PM, on 12/11/2005Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exeC:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exeC:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXEC:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exeC:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exeC:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXEC:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exeC:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exeC:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXEC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\mssearchnet.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvctrl.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exeC:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exeC:\Program Files\ahead\InCD\InCD.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exeC:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exeC:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exeC:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exeC:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exeC:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXEC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exeC:\Documents and Settings\William Mills\Desktop\hjt\HijackThis.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.kinston.com/N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.kinston.com/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\William Mills\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\pyrauuvj.slt\prefs.js)N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRA%7E1%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\William Mills\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\pyrauuvj.slt\prefs.js)O2 - BHO: HomepageBHO - {1ca480cd-c0e5-4548-874e-b85b17905b3a} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hp8C0E.tmpO3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: SecurityToolbar - {736b5468-bdad-41be-92d0-22ae2ddf7bcb} - C:\Program Files\Security Toolbar\Security Toolbar.dllO3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HTpatch] C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [inCD] C:\Program Files\ahead\InCD\InCD.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottimeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osbootO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X1100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /ConsumerO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCBackup Scheduler] C:\Program Files\Eisenworld\PCBackup\ABScheduler.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [spyAxe] C:\Program Files\SpyAxe\spyaxe.exe /hO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInitO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quietO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /backgroundO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /backgroundO4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exeO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentO8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZNxdm414ARUSO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dllO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dllO9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLLO9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeO16 - DPF: ActiveGS.cab - http://www.virtualapple.com/activegs.cabO16 - DPF: {05D44720-58E3-49E6-BDF6-D00330E511D3} (StagingUI Object) - http://zone.msn.com/binFrameWork/v10/StagingUI.cab40641.cabO16 - DPF: {288C5F13-7E52-4ADA-A32E-F5BF9D125F98} (CR64Loader Object) - http://www.miniclip.com/inflaterball/miniclipGameLoader.dllO16 - DPF: {3BB54395-5982-4788-8AF4-B5388FFDD0D8} (ZoneBuddy Class) - http://zone.msn.com/BinFrameWork/v10/ZBuddy.cab32846.cabO16 - DPF: {3FE16C08-D6A7-4133-84FC-D5BFB4F7D886} (WebGameLoader Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/rtlw/default/R...bGameLoader.cabO16 - DPF: {4B9F2C37-C0CF-42BC-BB2D-DCFA8B25CABF} (PopCapLoaderCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/rock/default/popcaploader1.cabO16 - DPF: {5736C456-EA94-4AAC-BB08-917ABDD035B3} (ZonePAChat Object) - http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/ZPAChat.cab32846.cabO16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secur...loadManager.ocxO16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse...pDownloader.cabO16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.cabO16 - DPF: {CAC181B0-4D70-402D-B571-C596A47D0CE0} (CBankshotZoneCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_pool.cab36107.cabO16 - DPF: {DA2AA6CF-5C7A-4B71-BC3B-C771BB369937} (StadiumProxy Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/StProxy.cab35645.cabO16 - DPF: {DAF5D9A2-D982-4671-83E4-0398706A5F6A} (SCEWebLauncherCtl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/hsol/default/SCEWebLauncher.cabO16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/dim2/default/popcaploader_v6.cabO16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cabO18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exeO23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeO23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exeO23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exeO23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEO23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exeO23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exeO23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXEO23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exeO23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exeO23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exeO23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exeO23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exeO23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXEO23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exeO23 - Service: TuneUp WinStyler Theme Service (TUWinStylerThemeSvc) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2004\WinStylerThemeSvc.exeO23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exeO23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

SpyAxeFix © by noahdfearMicrosoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]The current date is: Sun 12/11/2005 The current time is: 17:17:04.78spyaxe directory presentspyaxe uninstaller presentStarting spyaxe uninstallerCommand Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.03Copyright© 2002-2003 Craig.Peacock@beyondlogic.orgKilling PID 3676 'spyaxe.exe'Command Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.03Copyright© 2002-2003 Craig.Peacock@beyondlogic.orgKilling PID 1652 'explorer.exe'Command Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.03Copyright© 2002-2003 Craig.Peacock@beyondlogic.orgError, Cannot find a process with an image name of rundll32.exe1024 directory presentREGEDIT4[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader""{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon""{C1A8B6A1-2C81-1C3D-A3C6-A1CCDB10B47F}"="Windows Update"

OK, I ahve been advised there is anew fix for this infections, so apologies, we may have to rerun the SpyAxe tool again, please do as follows:Please follow these instructions, exactly, for proper HJT installation. Please place HJT into ITS OWN PERMANANT FOLDER. It also needs to be removed from the desktop.You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT. (C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe)Move HijackThis.exe into this folder. When you run HijackThis.exe from C:\HJT folder and have it "Fixed checked" it will create a backup file of modifications to use if restore is necessary which is easily accessible.Please download smitRem.exe ©noahdfear. Save it to your desktop, then double-click the file and click Start to extract the files to their own folder. Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.Download Ewido security suite it is a free version of the program. Install Ewido security suite When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..

• Install background guard Install scan via context menu

Launch Ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it. The program will now open to the main screen. When you run Ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click update. Then click on Start Update. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful") If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido. Ewido Manual UpdateReboot, into safe mode, this way:Turn on the computer Immediately begin tapping the <F8> key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the <Enter> key. Also, enable the 'Show Hidden Folders' option, like this:Click Start. Open My Computer. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option. Click Yes to confirm. Click OK.Run smitRem tool.Open the smitRem folder Double-click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool Follow the prompts on screen. Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish. The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your post.Shutdown/Restart in SafeMode as instructed above. Run Ewido:Open Ewido and click on scanner Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK. Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report Click Save report. Save the report .txt file to your desktop, or any other easily accessible location. Now close Ewido security suite. Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" or anything similar if present. H. Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, then do a full system scan. Make sure the autoclean box is checked! Save the ActiveScan log. Run HJT a second time, name and save the log.Post the following:

• The contents of the C:\smitfiles.txt log The Ewido Log. HJT log

Sorry if some of this is redundant, but this was just brought to my attention so, we need to properly run the fix to ensure we get everything.Let me know of any continued problems or new ones.

Edited by TeMerc