--excel

chandru

hi everybody, can any one suggest me a solution for following problem. In excel, if i enter something in column B i should get current time in column C, similarly if i enter something in column E, i should get current time in column F.

hi spike, B) thanks for giving response, where as in previous discussion i can able to get it only for one column, but not for two columns. Can u give one more example to get it for two columns.Chandru

chandruNot quite sure why you're asking me or if I understand the question.There was previous discussion here regarding the use of date/time function that might help.Andy

OK, I think I see where you are heading.This may not be the neatest way to fix this but it'll get you going. Change "Date" to "Now" and cheat by then formatting column C for Date and column F for Time.I don't really have enough spare time to walk you through it step by step right now by here is a simple example spreadsheet that shows that it does work and gives you the macro.OK?Andy