in need of a good FTP program

LLfan

Greetings all from SuSE 10. :icon8: I'm here because I am searching for a good FTP program. I installed Kbear from the SuSE DVD and everytime I go to transfer a file from my pc (desktop within SuSE) to my server Kbear crashes. It's happened 4 times now.Anyone know of another, similar, FTP program? I like the GUI interfaces like Kbear so would like something similar to that.Thanks all,Mike :lol:

kftpgrabberlukemftpobexftppftpanonftpcoralftpdeadftpetftpgproftphsftpI just went to a linux ftp site and searched for names with ftp in them. These would be just a few. Take a look in your update list and pick a few that you can choose from. Try them out and see which you like.

I just use Konqueror myself with split-window feature (see Window menu). The way to use ftp (other than anonymous FTP) in Konqueror is to enter the info in the Location bar in this format:ftp://username@servername/directoryYou'll be prompted for the password.Here's an example (this is how I update pages on the PLUG website):

ftp://plugi2@plugintolinux.ca/public_html

I just use Konqueror myself with split-window feature (see Window menu).
For me, I use the same tactics :teehee: . . works great ! ( I bookmark the most often visited and it remembers the password and username )B) Bruno

I just went to a linux ftp site and searched for names with ftp in them. These would be just a few. Take a look in your update list and pick a few that you can choose from. Try them out and see which you like.
Thanks. I wanted to get some first hand knowledge from people who have used them though. If not, I could have just gone to sourceforge or something similar and just download like mad. :teehee:
gftp is nice... it emulates the look nd feel (somewhat) of WS-FTP in windows.
I liked WS_FTP, will give it a go.
I just use Konqueror myself with split-window feature (see Window menu). The way to use ftp (other than anonymous FTP) in Konqueror is to enter the info in the Location bar in this format:ftp://username@servername/directoryYou'll be prompted for the password.Here's an example (this is how I update pages on the PLUG website):
ftp://plugi2@plugintolinux.ca/public_html

I KNEW IT. I knew Konqueror would allow me to do this, just couldn't figure out how and a google search left me in the dark. I simply tried ftp.mysite.com and that didn't work. Now I know, will give it a go.Thanks all!Mike