So Winter comes already

havnblast

Cluttermagnet

Impressive batch of white stuff you got. I survived three years of that in southern Ontario in the late 50's. Nowadays, it just makes me want to 'cocoon'- make some coffee and snacks and play on the computer, etc.I got the bug to heavy up our house insulation this year. Poorly done when built in '60. Fuel oil costs are way up this year. Some of it is already installed, some remains. I'm slowly doing it all myself, so payback should come a lot sooner. It's 'free labor', materials costs only.Our oil-fired, indirect water heater gave out last month. It was a no-brainer to decide to replace it with an electric unit. That only took me a few days, part time. This has been a real 'fix it' year, and somehow I'm expecting a lot of snow this winter.

Called in to get the propane take refueled and I guess they have gone to COD now with all their customers. That's crazy if you ask me, you just can't do that to people that live in cold harsh areas. A long cold winter could really hurt a lot of people.

• 5 weeks later...

We experienced a couple of weeks of winter weather after the hurricane (Wilma) went through.It's down to a comfortable 75 (F) now but tomorrow's high is expected to be 84 (F). I'll probably have to turn the AC on in the afternoon.I wouldn't mind if I could shut up the house (condo) and let my neighbors insulate me but the golf courses and driving ranges are all closed for repair, so there is really no place to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe my dear sweet sister had no sympathy at all for me when I called her and told her I thought I was going to have to start wearing socks again? That the sandals might need to go in the closet for a month or two (not really). I told her it was freezing and 50 degrees out. Her reply was that it was 19 there in Missoura. She told me that I should handle it since I grew up in Missoura. :icon8: I promptly replied and told her I did not - I grew up in Missouri. :hysterical: Oh, how can two people grow up in the same house and not prounounce the state the same way. :huh: She tells me I am a disgrace. I will continue to laugh at her freezing weather and stay with my warmer stuff here. :) It has gotten cold enough for a jacket on occasion this week. :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Patio, where are you located? I'm in PA and we are expecting about 1" of ice and snow tomorrow morning. I'm wondering how long the 9" you got will move East.

Patio, where are you located? I'm in PA and we are expecting about 1" of ice and snow tomorrow morning. I'm wondering how long the 9" you got will move East.
I'm located in the driveway with this 32$3@%^$# shovel in my hand... :lol: :D But seriously i'm in Cleveburg, hopefully the Lake effect won't range as far south as where your at...Final tally: 12 1/2 inches in about the same amount of hours...patio. B)

It looks like a cold night in South Florida.57 (F) now and expected to go down to the mid-40's.I had to pull the blanket (I only have one) out of the closet.
Poor baby. B) Snow finally melted from last week here. Now it looks like we'll get more. Patio.....Keep your garbage up there, we don't want it here.

You can keep your lake effect snow or pass it over to Erie, PA. I only want snow on the ski slopes - period! I want nice dry roads and sidewalks everywhere else.

Poor baby. :( Snow finally melted from last week here. Now it looks like we'll get more. Patio.....Keep your garbage up there, we don't want it here.
The cold front has passed through. Forecast is highs of 75-80 through next week.(Hmmm. Might be a good time to get to the beach.)

Updated East Coast Snowfall ForecastMonday, December 05, 2005 12:52 PM EDT More NewsA major nor'easter heading up the East Coast will bring significant snowfall amounts from Virginia to Southern New Jersey and up the immediate East Coast. A band of 3-6 inches of snow is forecasted in this zone and up to 8 inches is possible in the few locations, especially in southern New Jersey where the bulk of the snow will fall at night. There will be a tight gradient between heavy and light snow.
chillando.gif We had a inch of sleet last night. This on top of that will be for slick driving.......The pain....The pain. chillando.gif