New Forum Upgrade

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

We just wanted to let everyone know about the upgrade to the new version of IPB forum software.I think at least one person (epp_;) has posted about some of the cool new features in the new version and I am personally liking it so far myself. But there may also be some weirdness too, particularly with the Skins, as we adjust to the new version. Please bear with us.Also, overnight, a new registrant that signed up as "scott_mod" posted to the board about 3:30am. He/she is apparently a member of a 'group' who has claimed responsibility for hacking some IPB Forums recently. Apparently they hack in and steel passwords and email addresses and then try to see if the passwords used on the forums will also work for their email.Regarding the Topic they posted: If you had "My Controls" set to allow popups for Private messages on the Scots Newsletter Forums, then you would have been inundated with pop up windows when viewing the topic - just window after window, or tab after tab of that Topic popping up till it would have crashed the browser. The topic has since been removed from the open forum, and steps were taken to prevent the member from using that account again.You will have noticed the forums were (offline) since this morning. They are back online after the upgrade now. Having the forums down gave Scot time to upgrade to the lastest version of the IPB software and hopefully keep things safer for our members until it could be completed.No software is perfect, and we would ask you all to keep an eye for bugs in the software, and also for weird prankster type postings to help us keep Scots Newsletter Forums from getting hacked.Please, if you see (particularly) a new member posting a topic that seems like a prankster type of thing, feel free to use the Report Post to let us know what you are concerned about with the posting. Also if you experience any strange things that you are not sure is a forum oddity from the upgrade or a prankster, please post in the Forum Feedback, contact an Admin, or email webmaster@scotsnewsletter.com, or use the Report Post as noted above. All Admins and the Mods for the particular forum are made aware of all Reported Posts.One way to post information about the forum upgrade is to post HERE in Forum Feedback.In addition, we would appreciate any comments posted in the Forum Feedback area related to the upgrade in terms of bugs or oddities that you are not sure about. ... Positives like epp_b posted already are also greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:Thanks for your patience, vigilence, and help!Note: Quick Reply - If you were the last one to post in a topic and add a quick reply, it is tagged on our previous message instead of going into a new comment posting. Never noticed that before. Just thought I'd mention it.Links - If you highlight a word and create a link, it actually will wrap the link around the word you highlighted! Yea! About time!

Edited by LilBambi