• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GolfProRM

• Prelude76

• havnblast

• RandomBox

Guest LilBambi

They fixed the sending and receiving issue I had experienced with the last nightly build I installed!Now I can use this cool new version! I really love the new look! :)

Guest ThunderRiver
TRiver, give TBird a bit of respect.  they already have a feature to block web bugs.  go to Options, Advanced, Privacy, and turn on "Block Loading of remote images in mail messages".  there, safe. :'( and if you have "Javascript" turned off for emails, and activate the advanced junk mail filter, you can safely have preview pane on and enjoy email again, instead of worrying about what you'll catch next.  :)
That's not what I desired. It should be more selective. For junk mails, yes don't load remote image. and for trusted emails, it should load image.It has nothing to do with respect. Lacking certain features is not an execuse. Yes it is still in development, so let it be. Only one day that it is fully functional, I will make my switch.Lastly, I am more and more disappointed in build 0.4 than it was in 0.3At least Secure IMAP was working in 0.3. In build 0.4, it spits out an error message that says "This Server Do Not Support Secure Authentication" .. so I went back to build 0.3, it worked flawlessly there... also works well in Microsoft Outlook 2003.. They evidently need to fix the secure authentication bug.

as far as loading images goes... the junk controls allow you to sanitize the HTML of messages marked as junk... this wiill auto-block javascript and remote loading... This should be what you're looking for.

Guest LilBambi

Thunder, have you tried the latest ... official release of .4? Works great. Don't know about IMAP or secure authentication because I don't have to use that. But I do need to use special non standard way of authentication and it works fine now.

Guest ThunderRiver

Yes, I tried the official 0.4 and that's why I came to the conclusion that secure IMAP authentication in Thunderbird is broken where as in 0.3 was still working.

• 2 weeks later...

New build out yesterday!

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thu...03-12-15-trunk/New Things:--------------1) You can now dynamically turn on the traditional folder column view found in seamonkey for those of you that need those extra columns. Tools / Options / Advanced / General Settings to turn the columns on and off. Thank you bienvenu.2) background colors are now preserved in new messages when the message is saved as a draft or a template3) Thanks to mbr, the save all attachments in folder option in Tools / Options / Attachments now works.4) the customize toolbar button now has a cancel buttonKnown Issues:-----------------*No New Issues Yet*
Also for Windows users, he respun a build that has a nice new feature...
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thu...03-12-16-trunk/This build is *identical to yesterday's* so most of you may not want to switch. However it does show off a new feature some of us have been waiting for (WIN32 ONLY).Namely:1) Multiple identities for the same account support (back end only, no UI) as described in Bug #226580. Thank you alecf!2) Smart logic to pick the correct identity when replying or forwarding a message for an account with multiple identities. We do this by looking for the email address of your identity in the recipients of the original message. Described in Bug #18906.Why would you care? Well if you have multiple email addresses dumping messages into the same account and you want replies to go out with the correct identity, then this build is for you to try out.As I mentioned before, there is no UI for creating multiple identies per account. You have to modify your prefs.js file directly:1) Open up prefs.js, find an example identity to clone such as identity.id1:mail.identity.id1. Make a copy of those strings.2) Now change the '1' to the next available number that isn't used by an identity id yet for all of these copied entries.3) tweak the settings for this new identity according to taste. In particular, don't forget the .useremail attribute to the email address you want with this identity. You may want to associate things like a vCard and the like with this identity that you don't want with the other identity associated with the account.....4) Don't forget to add this new identity to the list of identities for the account in question. i.e:user_pref("mail.account.account##.identities", "id1,idXX");5) Now restart thunderbird. In the compose window you should see your new identity listed in the From: drop down. Reply to a message which was sent to the email address in your new identity. You should see it pre-selected in the from field.-Scott

• 4 weeks later...
Still waiting for the contributed linux build:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thu...04-01-13-trunk/Some of the new stuff includes:0) Secure Password Authentication/NTLM auth support for SMTP and POP3!! Thank you Christian Eyrich.1) Ability to drag and drop attachments from the mail window to the desktop. Note: problem for imap users if you release the drop before we have finished downloading the attachment. You'll get an error saying "unable to copy file, file already in use" or something like that. Bug on file to fix that. It only happens when you drop the attachment before we have finished downloading it.2) Progressmeter now works in the helper app progress dialog when opening imap attachments3) Mark a message as read via a timer in the preview pane is now checked in for all platforms and not just the windows builds I used to generate myself.4) More improvements to the logic that tries to pick the correct identity when replying/forwarding a message for an account configured with multiple identities.5) Fixed the crash when entering multiple addresses separated by a comma in the compose window when the last address does not have a match in the AB.6) fcc operation after sending a message now shows a progress dialog (thanks david bienvenu!)Known Issues:1) Issues with the subscription dialog coming up blank. I worked around this in the Win32 build. OSX build probably still comes up blank.Enjoy,-Scott