Enlightenment/Elive Compiling etc

kamicota

Hi Et-alsTried the Elive LiveCd Loved the Desktop which I find is ENLIGHTENMENTI understand this WindowManganger CAN be compiled and used on any distro like Debian and rpm driven distros which have more programs than EliveI have no idea how to compile one and install on one of my distros to replace gnome or kde BUT would LOVE to give this a whirl with ONE of the distros other than the stable PCLos Here is the Link about the various modules available--->>>http://www.enlightenment.org/Enlightenment...ment/index.htmlI WELCOME comments on --->>>a) is this possibleB) Is it easy to doc) any ideas on which disto to try it withAs an often unruly impetuous must have several things going on in life INDIVIDUAL :P I hope this is taken in the right context Cheers for YearsColin :bye2: :D :whistling:

Hi Et-alsTried the Elive LiveCd Loved the Desktop which I find is ENLIGHTENMENTI WELCOME comments on --->>>a) is this possibleB) Is it easy to doc) any ideas on which disto to try it with

Why not try it with Mepis? Run Synaptic, type 'Enlightenment' into the search box, and then check the dozen boxes to get Enlightenment. No need to compile anything at all. That installed, you only need to select that gui at the login prompt screen. This appears to be E16 -- not sure how much that matters [vs. e17], and I believe e16 is the default seen on the live cd.

Don't compile anything Colin! :bye2: I don't think there is enough patience for that. :whistling: Check to see if it is on your resources for any of your distros and if so try it there. Otherwise I am afraid you will be pulling your hair out!

Hi ColinI think a good option would be to try to install Knoppix ( if it gives less resolution problems then you had with Mepis ) and then apt-get the Enlightenment . . . with a bit of luck it will automatically appear in your login screen when you boot Knoppix next to KDE 3.4.1, GNOME, Ratpoison, XFce and Openbox ;):bye2: Bruno

Righty Ho BrunoWill try Knoppix next hopefully on to hdb8 CD Just installed 17" LCD Monitor and have 1024x768 in PCLos & still only 800x600 in FedoraHope I can find How to install Knoppix from the Live DVDThank you ALL for your PATIENCE & UnderstandingCheers for YearsOff to try Knoppix :o :hmm: :"> :hysterical: Colin :thumbsup:

OOPSHave NOT :thumbsup: :hmm: been able to find in Knoppix Live Dvd HOW or Wher to InstallOff to try tje Livedvd AGAIn and see if there is anything in the boot optionsColin :"> :o :hysterical:

misunderstruck

Enlightenment 16 is fairly easy to get as Debian packages or rpms. I installed E16 in Mandrake 10.1 using rpms and it worked well. E17 can be found in both formats as well. Didier's Enlightenment RPM Repository has both E16 and E17 rpms available. Here is info on installing E17 on Debian.There is an excellent E17 user guide at Get-E.org with information on other distributions as well.