Another Colin OOPS!!!

kamicota

No choice available to edit Julia that I can find anywaysAnd HECK :D I am even considering reinstall Suse in place of PCLos for now BUT we will have to seeColin

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• teacher

• havnblast

• ross549

I have switched my laptop to just Suse as a linux option. It just works with wireless so I went wtih ease of use. Take time to think things over and decide what you really want to do. Can you connect in PCLos?

JuliaCan I Connect what in PCLos??? This is on the desktopAnd my thoughts are now Suse replace PClos on hda6 with Suse lilo in mbr Then put PClos on Hd8and see where ATL goes from thereColin

You can reinstall Suse to hda8 and then tell it lilo and write to mbr. When done with that then we can go back and chnage the pclos lilo to write to partition and go from there.Can you go through the install by yourself? If not, then another day would be better as dinner will be ready in less than half an hour. ;)Now that school is starting and I am working again, I don't have as much time during the week for installs.

Thank youJuliaI will go through the install myself we have done it three times alreadyCheers for yearsand enjoy the calm before back to the classroomColin

I believe he would be better with SUSE over PCLOS also. PCLOS is a nice distro and everything, but seems to have it's problems, never been able to get it to function as good as my other distros.Wow Julia, our schools are combining schools to try and have enough students. I believe we have combined 5 area schools now to ours.

I believe he would be better with SUSE over PCLOS also.  PCLOS is a nice distro and everything, but seems to have it's problems, never been able to get it to function as good as my other distros.Wow Julia, our schools are combining schools to try and have enough students.  I believe we have combined 5 area schools now to ours.

This time last year we had 20 students and a high enrollment of about 48. I think we have 48 now with students coming in all day long to register. I guess our program is very popular. We specialize in keeping students in school instead of dropping out as an alternative school. ;)

Hey there KellyWhat timing just back from a little dindins and was pondering that over again and that is the way I think it may be And then PClos and/or other distros onto hda7 and hda8Especially as PClos is giving me palpitations reigh now ;) Colin

That is great Julia - education is what people needColin, I don't miss the days of distro hopping. I made myself promise that I would stick it out with Gentoo and Slackware without installing any more distros and I have held true to that now for almost 2 years and I am very glad I did. I will try a live cd here and there, but no installs.I am very curious tho about ubuntu and may try the ubuntu live cd this time around.

Edited by havnblast

Well kellyuI've gone gfrom the frying pan into the fire :'( Decide to delete ATL & PCLOsand GUESS WHAT OOPS ;) CD2 & CD3 did not workSo went ahead anyways and now Suse comes up but I can do nothing more or lessSo Nero may have to download CDF3 & CD3 again and hopefully I can get it to work this timeColin :'( :icon8: BUT STILL :D

Yep Suse Boots with FVWM window manager BUT NO PROGRAMS except yast & control center ;) & :icon8: BUT still :'( And silly MOI took it that CD1 checked out the other two would CD4 & CD5 were greatColin

Righty HoTHIS POST IS FROM SUSE ;) Downloaded CD2 made a data cd and put firefox in for nowPlan is to download CD3 and go for a new install unless I can update suse from cd2 & Cd3 in Yast Don't know about that yetColin a little more :'( :icon8:

to install packages don't you just:To install a package listed in your YaST Sources open your YaST Control Center YaST -> Software -> Install and Remove Software found in either your KMenu (KDE Menu) or NMenu (Novell Menu formally called Gnome Menu). Select a package from the list and click the "accept" button. No reboot required.I don't know what you have or don't have install Colin

if your missing most of the SUSE operating system you might just want to reinstall like you mentioned about doing before. The install should setup your machine with a desktop environment full of apps

You Know KellyThat is just what I might doHopefully someone can show how to check these cd2 & cd3 for checksums in windowseven though I go firefox off cd2 earlierrCheers for yearsColin

here are the checks btw44959bbe1055f1c16bac1e2abcc2d270 SUSE-9.3-Prof-i386-CD1.iso43f7c0f15e2f3abf2704986c01fdcf90 SUSE-9.3-Prof-i386-CD2.isob41d051c8cc6d955f4755f039b19da03 SUSE-9.3-Prof-i386-CD3.iso5519222959efb69184474c5934d33ec3 SUSE-9.3-Prof-i386-CD4.iso488467804038d955a8f47735fa60aaff SUSE-9.3-Prof-i386-CD5.isouse the Nero MD5 to veryify your downloads with the above checks

well I would say go for the DVD download if ya can and are on broadband, than you don't have to mess with 5 cds.It sounds like you really need to start the install over if you don't have a complete SUSE desktop with applications. Otherwise your going to be in YAST installing stuff anyway.