Hi, All! A FF Shortcut ?

Angelvoice

Sorry AV - didn't see you had posted back to your thread here.

Here is what I c/p'd into each of the two dialog boxes:"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE"

No Angel - I typed that only as a 'guess' as to the current location of where Firefox is installed. Is that really the EXACT path to where your Firfox is currently installed on your system? Somehow I get the feeling it might slightly different from that.
Before I replaced what was already in the default, it had only one quote (after the command) and ended in % 01 or something like that.

Sounds like that key was corrupt then. The regular default path should have been:"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohomewith the path being surrounded by quotes. Probably got messed up by the FF Deskcut installation somehow.___________________________________________________________________At any rate - lets tackle the problem from another angle.1) Open up Windows Explorer. Go to 'Tools' > Folder Options.2) Click on the 3rd tab, "File types" and scroll down a little bit until you see the HTTP protocol, labeled " URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol'.3) Select it, then click on "Advanced". (See where my mouse cursor is positioned in the screenshot provided below.ScreenHunter_005.jpg4) In the dialogue box that opens next, select 'open' and then Edit.5) In the checkbox that says "Use DDE box", remove the checkmark if you see one.6) Exit back to the File types dialog. Be sure to repeat for HTTPS (that's the one that says 'HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy') and FTP protocols.7) Close Windows Explorer and reboot your system.If this works, Firefox should now be the default browser for viewing your internet shortcuts.
Well, I did exactly as you instructed - to no avail. /me thinks I will go live in a cave now and leave you all alone. lol

No worries Angel - that's what we're here for. Don't ever feel you are bothering any of us here - we're all computer 'addicts' anyway. :happyroll:Good luck! Edited by Tushman

• 3 weeks later...

Angelvoice, in case you haven't solved your problem yet, go here:http://windowsxp.mvps.org/fileextinfo.htmRamesh has written a utility to view file associations in your registry. You don't need to install anything. Just download the ZIP file and extract the "FileExtInfo.exe" file to anywhere on your computer. Double click on it and run the application. You can view the file assoc. for *.htm; *.html settings. It will generate a small text file and place it on your desktop.

Angelvoice, in case you haven't solved your problem yet, go here:http://windowsxp.mvps.org/fileextinfo.htmRamesh has written a utility to view file associations in your registry.  You don't need to install anything.  Just download the ZIP file and extract the "FileExtInfo.exe" file to anywhere on your computer.  Double click on it and run the application.  You can view the file assoc. for *.htm; *.html settings.  It will generate a small text file and place it on your desktop.

Hi, Tushman! :)I went and downloaded the ZIP and ran the program. I saved (and sent to you) the results of the file association that was listed for .HTML and .HTM.I also followed your instructions and unchecked the DDE boxes for the HTTP and HTTPS extensions. After rebooting, I tried some shortcuts, but nothing. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!Is it time to bang our heads against the wall now???? LOLThanks for your patience and for continuing to try and help me solve this problem, Tushman. I truly appreciate it."Huggz"!- Ã…V B)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!I was having the exact same problem. I followed everything here and it did not help. I did finally get internet shortcuts to launch from my desktop. All I had to do was go into internet explorer and tell it to check that it is the default browser. I then launched IE and told it to become the default browser. After that I launched Firefox and told it to become the defualt browser. This fixed my problem!

• 2 weeks later...