Google Earth

Peachy

For those of you impressed by Google Maps, Google just released an updated app for Keyhole, called Google Earth. And now it's free (the Plus version is $20/year). You need a fairly recent graphics card to make it usable.

Man, do I feel old. One of my Top Secret accesses in the Army was for the Keyhole project, and the name itself was classified T.S. Codeword. Now it's being used on the Internet. Jeez... :( Next I'll be reading about the aliens at Roswell. Bob and George were their names. B) (Thanks for the link, Peachy. I love stuff like this.)

SonicDragon

Ooo! Looks awesome. I'm jealous of all you that got to try it! Looks like they have enough beta downloads right now and aren't letting any more people download... at least today. But that kind of stuff is very cool. My old boss had one of our town/island that the town had to commission for some reason... you could zoom in to individual people house's and see what kind of cars were parked in their driveways that day. Freaky!

You gotta love Google's sense of humor. Just read the download page. The download options range from "I'm Good", "I'm Pretty Sure I'm Good" and "I'm Feeling Lucky" ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would have edited my last post, but I'm looking to catch up with Teacher (10000+). Let's see, at my current rate, in 60 years or so, I should be there.Anyway, it's Scavengeroogle!. The site provider posts a picture from a Google satellite map, you have to find it based upon clues.Are we there yet?Modified: got the wrong link.

Edited by littlebone

That is exactly what I was thinking. I downlaoded it, looked around, and thought, where have I seen this before. I dumped Nasa World Wind after a couple of hours and did the same with this. :)LittleboneDon't pay attention to post counts. Notice I combine two replies in one post? :D Actually, sometimes it is kind of like at a party, there is always someone that is always blabbing non-stop and I guess it must be me. :"> :)

ThunderRiver

Google Earth is truly not the same as Nasa World Wind. I would say that Google Earth may contain data that is more accurate than NASA World Wind, especially in terms of locations etc.However, I personally enjoy the 45 degree angle view. It is fabulous!I was able to locate my house, as well as places like Hoover Dam, Area 51, Bill Gates' House, and many other places. It is wonderful! Give it a try if you haven't >_<

Edited by ThunderRiver

ThunderRiver?? Could this be the same legendary ThunderRiver who left, oh, months ago? If so, welcome back!!Otherwise, um...welcome to the forums, new user :w00t: >_<

ThunderRiver?? Could this be the same legendary ThunderRiver who left, oh, months ago?  If so, welcome back!!Otherwise, um...welcome to the forums, new user :D :w00t:

Heh, I was thinking the same thing...... >_<

Yes, ThunderRiver, welcome back!I notice also that you have gone upclass from a Ford byproduct to a Lexus insignia! :teehee: Unless, I am confusing you with someone else!