Other forums

Grasshopper

Grasshopper

This is the only forum that I'm a part of where everyone really wants to know facts about everyone else.I think a good way to find some of that out is to share what other forums you frequent.For me:--SFNL--TCCoA (Thunderbird and Cougar Club of America)--F-150 Online--Ford Expedition--Trumpet Player Online--Dell Axim UsersThis could also be a GREAT way to discover new communities of babble!!Share away!!tbird

:rolleyes: Scot'sLockergnomeEldergeekComputer MechanicsA few others I joined but after looking around I didn't take part in them.One promising local forum turned out to be mostly illiterate kids who didn't seem to know the difference between a PSU and a CPU.

Scot'sLockergnomeEldergeekSimtelInternet MagazineComputer America Tech TalkThemeXPArena 2045 Domain Network

The only two I bother with anymore (time issues with others) are here and the Chicago (the band) message boards...Two is more than enough for me! :D

just here (80%) and neowin (20%). neowin is a lot more dangerous than this place. lot of trolls, flamers, freeps, hacks on there, but theres still lots of good folks there too. but i like how this forum is virtually free from getting bashed for asking a silly question or giving an different opinion. lets fight to keep it this way.

I love Teacher's response!But, yes, it's OK to say you like Lockergnome and belong to that forum. Not only are Chris and friends (his comments in email to me have appeared more than once in SFNL and he has also mentioned me in his newsletter), but the god's honest truth is, it's ok to say anything like that!I couldn't possibly list all the forums I belong to. But here are some:F150 Online (and several other truck forums, most of whose names I forget)PCQandA.com (new name of PC911)PC PitstopLockergnomeInvision Power Services (this forum's software)Spyware InfoGRCNet-IntegrationComputer America Tech Talk (where I used to mod)Arena 2045 Domain NetworkAt least two dozen others I'm not thinking of right now.I'm not a frequent poster in any of these forums though.-- Scot

brucekrymow

Wow! I am surprised not one of the forum mavens is a member much less a lurker of Woody's Lounge!Yes, the Woody Leonhard of the hugely successful:

Just a humorous (to me, at least) aside to this conversation. I recently received a "complaint" in one of the other forum threads because, though I joined that one before this one, I've posted more here than there. In my own defense, that's not totally true. But anyway, I thought it was bizarre. I never realized my activities were so closely monitored by anyone outside the government. I guess I should be flattered. Who was it that said, "You can't please all the people all the time"? :)

brucekrymow
Who was it that said, "You can't please all the people all the time"?
Interestingly enough, this is a time honored abberation of a quote which is sometimes erroneously attributed to P.T. Barnum from Abraham Lincoln's March 4, 1865 Second Inaugural Address : tophat.gif "If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can?t fool all of the people all of the time."

Thanks, brucekrymow, now I'm a little smarter than I was. ;) Just so I don't get too educated...don't think I could tolerate a drastic improvement. :P

"If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can?t fool all of the people all of the time."
The exception to this eloquent rule: Bill Clinton.Oh, back to the topic: PCQ&A.

doctormidnight

BitBenderPCQandAMuckshifters (where I was conned into being a mod.. where's my check?)Guru3DFark (doesn't really count as a forum, I guess)

Guest ThunderRiver

I don't have much time for too many forums, so I am only active between Scot's and NeoWin'sI don't really like NeoWin much. They are more 99% affiliated with warez channel than they publicly condamn it. Their management is also in question, and besides, NeoBound is not a very nice person. No wonder NeoWin has been DOSed many many times in the past.That's the reason I am here. I want to make this forum more friendly and more powerful than NeoWin is.

SonicDragon

I'm almost totally here. I don't really have time for many forums. I used to frequent the Nongags.com forums, but, they become so inactive. I also stop by AntiOnline every once and a while too.But THIS FORUM IS STILL THE BEST! B)

I want to make this forum more friendly and more powerful than NeoWin is.
Just my opinion...you've about reached that goal.

Absorbine_Sr

Mine:Systemcooling.com ForumsHouseofHelp.comLockergnomeHereDSLReports.com Forums MatrixOwners.com (Toyota Matrix stuff)AMDMB.COM Forums (less recently... politics.. :D )A_Sr.