Return to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Prelude76

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/124801.shtmlhope the link isnt too busy.Return to Castle Wolfenstein has a new stand-alone addon called Enemy Territory. Both Windows and Linux versions are available for download for free. Its a full game, not a demo!'tis a good day when there's a wicked FPS game released for free, but for them to have a Linux version too! hopefully many more new games will have Linux versions. :)

This will surely please a lot of people !Did you get it yourself ? How does it install, rpm or tar.gz ? Is it easy to install, no confilcts ?There are a few questions a lot of people want answers to . . . . :) Bruno

Hey, cool..... I'll start the download before I go to bed..... I'm a big gamer myself..... It really makes me mad that I'm forced to boot into Windows whenever I get the urge to play.... I have RTCW for windows.... This aught to be interesting.... There is also a really cool game called Vendetta for Linux... It's only an online game right now.... Works with a dial up.... Sometimes... Really neat space game... Kinda like Homeworld meets X-wing alliance meets Freespace... Pretty cool... Thanks for the heads up...JonBy the way... You can find it here. You have to sign up first, check your email, validate your account, and then you can download it......

yes, its 100% free and doesn't need the original to play this. it looks likes its a multi-player game only (i think), and i dont know how its packaged. i didnt download it yet (got a bit side-tracked last night on something else). The linux version has a ".run" extension.

Full release of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - a free, stand-alone class-based multiplayer game. Comes with six maps.
here is another link: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=2743can the first person to try this release out post their comments/review? thanks.

Okay, downloaded and installed. It looks pretty smooth and runs quite nicely in Mandrake 9.1 on a Pentium III 700/512MB PC133/GeForce 2 MX-400 system. It looks like it is multiplayer only. Your only choices are join a server or setup a server. I set one up and toured around. I'm the only player in it. Haven't encountered the enemy yet as I didn't play it for too long; spent the morning outside at my daughter's school's fun fair.

Glad to hear it's running fine on Linux.I am at work and I have installed it on our WinXP (Athlon XP 2600+, MX440 SE 64 Mb, 1 Gb DDR 333 RAM, 80 Gb Maxtor, etc..)Runs nice and smooth (no Linux at work...yet :angry: )I am huge fan of Wolfwenstein and I have played that game almost as much as UT.I'll try it on Suse this weekend.Yes, it is free and multiplayer only.I like it a lot :unsure:

Just to report that I tested the game on my Suse 8.2 setup and it rocks.There is no difference whatsoever from Windows version.Installation was a breeze and I played online on couple of server without hickup.Good job.Word of advice, when I downloaded gaem, it showed up as shell script but whatever I did I couldn't start installation.I looked up solution and found out that I have to give it permission to run, security smart.I fired up terminal and entered command "chmod +x [file name]".After that I double clicked it and installation was faster on my duron then on XP 2600+ on Windows.Game runs no different and my setup is AMD Duron 1.1 Ghz, Radeon 8500, Maxtor 20 Gb disk, 512 Mb PC133 RAM.If you run on "zox" on some server, it is me and just waiting to kick your Axis butt B) ;)