No Audio in WMP9

Cams

Recently, on both my PCs, the audio has ceased to work on WMP9. It did work, and then, one day, it didn't. Both are XP Pro SP2 and, on both systems, I use Media Player Classic as my generic media player. Sometimes one needs WMP though (for streaming, for example).Can anyone advise please?ThanksCams

Hold the cursor near the top of the player so you can see the menu bar. Click on Tools, then Options then the File types tab. Make sure that the files (like mp3, wma and so forth) are checked so you can hear them in the player.

Edited by zlim

Hold the cursor near the top of the player so you can see the menu bar. Click on Tools, then Options then the File types tab. Make sure that the files (like mp3, wma and so forth) are checked so you can hear them in the player.

That would just associate the files with WMP, not fix the issue.What are the file types? Do the same files work on other computers? Are the speakers on and connected? Is the volume muted? Did you press play? Could I ask more questions without stopping?