A fun test for the whole gang

jong357

This is a great test, good for some laughs..... So help me god.... If I end up Windows ME someone is going to be hurting!!!! You should see the Windows 1.0 response ..... :P Take the TestI was amiga.jpg

Same as you Quint ! Debian.I did try to cheat the test in order to get Mandrake as result, just did not work :(( anyone getting the right answers for Mandrake, please sent me a message with the right answers :P )man3.jpg:( BrunoPS: further investigation did lead to the conclusion that they left Mandrake out ! I call on every Mandrake user to boycot this test ! :P :P

Gee, every time I changed my answer to one particular question I got a different answer. First choice: Win98, second guess Palm, third Linux and then XP. Can you guess which question controls the answers?Oh I went back and changed another answer and got Red Hat Linux - tops among your peers. _________________________Forgot to take it seriously

Hmm? I'm Amiga OS B) Maybe I should take the test again and say my arm pit is a toxic waste dump and see what OS that is. B) Ken

Guest ThunderRiver

Mm..so if it says "it takes longer to solve the problem it faces..but it takes much less efforts to complete?..does that mean slack users are lazy? ...." Don't get me wrong.. I love Slackware.. just the description seems to be very weird.

Mm..so if it says "it takes longer to solve the problem it faces..but it takes much less efforts to complete?..does that mean slack users are lazy? ...."
Well, speaking as someone who is also Slackware according to the test, my interpretation is that it means Slack types tend to look for solutions that will produce the "most pleasing" results rather than, say, the quickest or the most utilitarian. I think the key phrase in the description is "elegant solutions to problems" -- elegant solutions tend to be ones that are simple, effective, and sometimes even enjoyable.Let's say you had to get from Point A to Point B, and you have a lot of choices about how to get there. Some people will tend to pick the shortest route, some people will tend to pick the route they think will have less traffic, Slackware types (as defined by the test, anyway) will tend to pick the route that is most scenic because they'll enjoy it more, regardless of whether it's a longer or more trafficked route. It's not laziness, exactly, but it is a desire to make "effort" seem more "effortless."Of course, given my results, I may be biased! :) --Michael

You must have skipped an question somewhere.... They give that to you when you forget to answer one.... Check these ruthless responses out.... Geesh....windows_1.jpgandwindows_me.jpgOuch!!!!

yea, Bruno... I looked for Mandrake on their server. They didn't have it... That was something I fully expected from you.... Nice job....

yea, Bruno... I looked for Mandrake on their server. They didn't have it...  That was something I fully expected from you.... Nice job....
Is that not just unfair leaving Mandrake out ?Sure with a bit of tinkering in The Gimp I did find an answer on that and could beat BBspot in their own game :rolleyes: :DB) Bruno

Guest genaldar

As a slackware I like to think the definition means that we go with the easiest route. Sure it may take a little longer but we do less hard work. Meaning of course that we are slackers.btw if you get hurd you skipped a question, all of the possible results are available here

Cluttermagnet

OMG this is _tooooo_ funny! :P Yah, wouldn't you know it, Windows 95. Yikes! I guess I was much too honest and sincere. I'm going to take the test again and cheat this time! I won't stop 'cooking the books' until I get the OS I want. (Lessee- which OS _do_ I want?) My Computer guru gets to foaming at the mouth, trying to get me off top dead center. He sez I am one of the slowest adopters he knows- as if I didn't already know that. I come from a long line of slow adopters. :P windows_95.jpgActually I'm now using an extremely cutting edge OS- Win98SE. ;) I just can't seem to get around to trying XP. Besides, I used XP at a friend's house, and I really don't like it. OK, more stable, yes, advanced, yes- but hard to get used to. Acts a lot more squirrely than Win98. And too darned 'helpful'. Puh-leeeeze!I still have not gotten around to trying my Knoppix 3.2 CD. I guess I am chicken. ;) I will do it eventually- I'm just a slow adopter. :P

Hi Chattermagnet I have tried first 95 and then 98 upgraded to 98SE and then WinXP Home and I sometimes wish I was back to 95 . I am now using Red Hat 9 and I love it . True I have only had it for a week and I had a hard time setting up my modem . But all in all it is the best I have tried . So if you have a linux OS I would say you should try it out and see for yourself . Remember the saying NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED

Cluttermagnet
Hi Chattermagnet      I have tried first 95 and then 98 upgraded to 98SE and then WinXP Home and I sometimes wish I was back to 95 . I am now using Red Hat 9 and I love it  . True I have only had it for a week and I had a hard time setting up my modem . But all in all it is the best  I have tried .  So if you have a linux OS I would say you should try it out and see for yourself . Remember the saying NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED
Hi georgeg4- Oh, I'm just a real 'slow adopter'. LOL! :lol: You can bet I am going to go through the whole Linux experience, my friend. I am looking foreward to yelling and thumping the desk top (my desk, not my monitor) just the same as I used to do with Win95. I used to send all these annoyed rants to my computer guru, complaining about how counter-intuitive the workings of computer software are. He would smile and patiently explain to me how I had screwed up and how to make it right. Now I will do the same with Linux, and I will come in the forums crying about how terrible my latest Linux distro is. :D :P Well, they say that we learn by making mistakes. BTW I can already see the writing on the wall- I have been getting by with cheap 'winmodems' plugged into ISA (now PCI slots). No more- with Linux, I am very obviously going to buy a 'real' (hardware) modem. This is probably a small, worthwhile price to pay for admission into inet networking with Linux!

BTW I can already see the writing on the wall- I have been getting by with cheap 'winmodems' plugged into ISA (now PCI slots). No more- with Linux, I am very obviously going to buy a 'real' (hardware) modem. This is probably a small, worthwhile price to pay for admission into inet networking with Linux!
Cluttermagnet, some of them do work though, the ones with rockwell chips and the Conexant-dial-in make a good chance. But don´t let me withhold you to buy a REAL modem though, always a good investment, you will be set up for the rest of your life :lol: !:D Bruno