I'm going:  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Temmu

with star wars episode iii just 10 days away, here's your place to post all about it...o, me? probably will see it around the first week out...

I voted "Within 2 Weeks..."I'm definately looking forward to it, but I'm no hard-core fan who camps out days before-hand to see it on opening night ;)

Considering that I haven't seen Episodes 1 or 2, I'm in no rush to see #3. I did see Episodes 4, 5, and 6 back when they first came out. That was high school / college time for me.

Temmu

so... what's to tie up in episode iiithe biggest piece to me is ~why~ the jedi fell into disfavor (?) and are destroyed.the funniest piece will be seeing wimpy anikan turn into the darth vader we all know and love! :hysterical:

Star Wars has more episodes, but LotR movies are much longer (see: Extended Editions)Total Star Wars Runtime: 805 minutes (about 13.4 hours)Total Lord of the Rings Runtime: 682 minutes (about 11.4)Difference: 123 minutes (a touch over two hours)Sure, still quite a bit longer for Star Wars, but there are twice as many of them :) Three more movies, and only two hours longer? Sheesh!The REAL test would be to watch all six Star Wars movies AND all three Lord of the Rings movies. B) Anyway, to answer the poll, I'll probably see it a few weeks after it comes out (I hate crowded theaters B) )

Plukaduk
Star Wars has more episodes, but LotR movies are much longer (see: Extended Editions)Total Star Wars Runtime: 805 minutes (about 13.4 hours)Total Lord of the Rings Runtime: 682 minutes (about 11.4)Difference: 123 minutes (a touch over two hours)Sure, still quite a bit longer for Star Wars, but there are twice as many of them  :clap2:  Three more movies, and only two hours longer? Sheesh!The REAL test would be to watch all six Star Wars movies AND all three Lord of the Rings movies.  B) Anyway, to answer the poll, I'll probably see it a few weeks after it comes out (I hate crowded theaters  B) )

Not enough hours in the day, I'll have to go on metric time... :) May as well throw this little feller in as well, I stole this from fark.com...th_Gremlins-Gizmo.jpg
so... what's to tie up in episode iii
Oooo, this could be fun :)Let's see... (in rough order...maybe, maybe not?)
  • Palpatine ceases to be chancellor (and Darth Sidious) and becomes the emperor
  • Anakin turns to the dark side
  • Anakin is nearly-fataly injured somehow and becomes half-machine, which turns him into Vader.
  • Padmé gives birth to twins (Luke and Leia) who are separated
  • Luke is raised
  • Padmé dies
  • Leia is rasied by Bail Organa
  • Most of the Jedi are killed (survived are Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda)
  • The Clone War ends
  • Dooku dies?

What am I missing?Something I'm looking forward to is -- if this is going to even happen -- who they are going to have play young Luke and Leia so they actually look like "young" versions of their adult counter-parts in Episodes 4-6.

Edited by epp_b
Temmu

have n-e one read the book?epp_b - they may not have to show look and laya except as babies...

have n-e one read the book?
Nah, books are boring. Movies are better :DHowever, Star Wars' website has a substantial database ("databank") of characters, vehicles, planets, locations, etc. which can be used to put together the puzzle pieces.
epp_b - they may not have to show look and laya except as babies...

Yeah, that might be the case. I guess we'll have to wait and see.Only six more days! W00T! B) Edited by epp_b

Yeah I read the book. Should be a great movie based on the book. It's nearly nonstop action. I can't wait for my midnight showing!!

Temmu
:D :w00t: :w00t: :) epp_b, well, 3 days indeed!moz976, hey! now that's an idea! midnight will cut down the crowd... won't it?? :D :blink:edit here....o, yea, the trailer! i watched a bunch of times! obi won sez to anakin - but you were the chosen one! gotta love it! Edited by Temmu
moz976, hey! now that's an idea! midnight will cut down the crowd... won't it??
Are you kidding? That's the first showing - it'll be nuts.
Guest LilBambi

Can't wait to see it ... but I am not going to the theatre for it ... will wait for the DVD. Want to buy the whole set anyway.Already have the original trilogy on VHS (the 20 years after ones) that we received as a gift from our son.I might just have to go read the book first if it runs forever in the theatre!

Temmu

lilbambi, me wants copy of original original trilogy. not the updated original... :hmm:epp_b, ooooo, ok, ok, you may have talked me into it! :devil:

Guest LilBambi
lilbambi, me wants copy of original original trilogy.  not the updated original... :hmm:
Me too! :hmm: But I still love the ones we got...mainly because our son was thoughtful enough to give it to us. :devil:
Temmu
Me too!  :huh: But I still love the ones we got...mainly because our son was thoughtful enough to give it to us.  :blink:

yes, of course! :hmm: it really is the thought that counts!
genaldar

I'll be seeing it tonight (showtime starts at 11:45 p.m.), for free no less. Of course I have to sit through over an hour of Intel propaganda, but I could win a prize as well as see it for free. Then I may go see it tomorrow with my roomate who works nights (if the movie is any good that is). Whether I see it tomorrow or not I'm going to have to see it again in the next couple of weeks with all my friends.

genaldar
Me too!  :) But I still love the ones we got...mainly because our son was thoughtful enough to give it to us.  :D

You can get the originals on DVD on ebay. I've thought about buying em, but I really don't want to support piracy.

Well I saw the midnight showing last night. Definatly a ton of action in this one. Also pretty graphic in parts I definatly would not take young kids to see this one. There were some parts of the dialog that weren't that great but it's definatly the best out of the three new movies.