Kodak photo CD's

Nostromo

Can someone on the forum tell me if there is any problem with Linux and Kodak picture CD's? My son who is travelling at the moment, airmailed three CD's to me these are all Kodak picture CD's.I found out, by booting up Windows that the CD's run a slide show from a disc the slide show can be controlled by on screen controls like pause, forward, rotate left and right etc. I couldn't reproduce this in Linux, but then I don't do a lot of work with images, so I'm no expert.It was possible to view the photos with Gnome image viewer but it wasn't very satisfactory and definitely not a slideshow. Any ideas anyone?Suse Linux 9.2 pro and Gnome

linuxdude32

My guess would be that the picture CD uses software to generate the slideshow. Is it something that starts automatically when you insert the CD? Many Linux picture viewers have a slideshow function, though or let you go through the images one at a time, Gwenview is one you could try (it's part of SUSE).

Thanks for the reply linuxdude32, yes, Kodak picture CDs' seem to autorun a slideshow in Windows. I'll take a look at your suggestion for gwenview.

Just for information this, I found that by copying the images on the Kodak disc to a folder in my home directory I could then use gthumb image viewer to achieve the same slideshow as I had seen in Windows. :) :huh:

SonicDragon

Glad to hear it works!I have never used a Kodac CD before, but i was interested to see if it would work. Thanks for letting us know :)

hi Nostromoi am glad that it worked out, thats my favourite gThumb, but if your used to windows i know that many people like gtksee

Description: GTK-based clone of ACDSee (an image viewer) GTKsee is an image viewer/browser. The browser shows thumbnails, you can quickly watch a picture in large or fullscreen by simply tapping on return. Also has slideshow capabilities.

Just for information this, I found that by copying the images on the Kodak disc to a folder in my home directory I could then use gthumb image viewer to achieve the same slideshow as I had seen in Windows.  :)  :lol:

Great info Nostromo . . . will note that down for future reference . . . you never know who might post with the same question ;):huh: Bruno