Linksys Wireless

matidors

I'm moving and need to go to wireless in the new place. I bought and set up Linksys usb11 and BEFW11S4 router now, so I could iron out any problems before I move. I have discoverd that after resuming from standby my wusb11 is "unavailable". To get it back I have to restart the computer, Which I find very Annoying. I'm sharing A cable modem with my Daughter and when We move She will have to be wireless and it must be dependable. Anyone with experience with this problem/setup?

No Change. I did notice that it did recover the first time out of standby, but when I tryed it again it was "unavailable". I tested it several times with the same outcome. first times A charm. But not two in A row

Matidors,What OS are you running? I own 2 of these devices and I've run into the same problem. Have you tried just logging off and then logging back into your system after resuming from StandBy?What about just unplugging them and then reconnecting to see if your OS detects them again?Isaac~

If you are using NetBEUI, that is the cause of your problem. NetBEUI does not support standby or hibernation. What protocols are you running? Just TCP/IP? Or others too?-- ScotP.S. I'm moving this to the Security and Networking forum because I think you'll get better help there.

I'm Running XP Pro. Settings are Tcp/ip, Qos, Microsoft client. If I unplug the wusb when I plug it in again I get "ding Dong" and that's all. I have to restart the computer, making sure I have a broad band connection or it will not find the settings to connect For it to work. I'm not set up to log in (I'm Lazy that way). I use standby all the time, better than Hibernation for me, but, Hibernation does work. I installed the lan utility for the wusb11 and tryed to connect with that, but of course, if the wusb is "unavailable" it does no good. I looked for updated drivers and firmware, but I have the latest. I have reinstalled the drivers several times to no avail. I'm too old for all this stress!

A footnote. I have discoverd that the lan utility will indeed connect to the router even tho the wusb is "unavailable". I never waited long enough (30 sec.). Shame on me. Howerever, Putting A shortcut in the startup folder is not A good idea. After resuming from standby the icon in the tray does not reapear although task mamager shows it in "processes". You can "end process" but still won"t be able to load it until (can you guess) you restart windows. Bottom line, I put a short on my desktop to load the utility to the taskbar where it scans for the router. Then choose "exit" to remove the icon from the taskbar after it turns green(connected). Case Closed. Thanks for the help, Ted