Tiger is Coming April 29th 6PM

inform

I read your experiment, I look forward to the results. I pre-ordered through my corporate account at MacMall and our Rep claims they have their order of Tiger in Hand but they can't ship it until the 29th. Apparently It goes on Sales first at the Apple store at 6pm on the 29th.So you more than likely will get the Apple order first. My money is on Apple.Should we start a poll?

Well cancel the experiment! I didn't know it was only going to be $69 education price!!! I just ordered two direct from apple. Why spend $130 at amazon, then have to wait for a mail in rebate... sorry... direct from apple for cheaper is the way to go.

If you are a student it's a great way to go. No luck for the working class. None the less I'll be happy to pay full price just for the iChatAV alone.

Yeah, if a company offers an education discount i take it... since I work at a High School I'm eligible.I just never thought it was going to be $70. I thought maybe $100 since the retail cost is $130. I'm not complaining!Yeah, they say delivered by, but if you go thru the check out process standard shipping 3 to 5 day is the only option. Just curious, I called and the sales rep said it could arrive before, on, or after depending on where you live.I'm going to go to the Apple store thats by my brother-in-laws on the 29th just to experience the release party. ;)I also ordered a 1GB iPod shuffle. I have a 40GB 3rd Gen iPod... but its a bit bulky in a case when I'm working around the school... the shuffle being really small wont get in my way. and I have work mixes so I don't need a screen, i already use shuffle songs so I'm cool.

Hey Arena2045,I'm purchasing a Family pack of Tiger since I have two Macs that I want to upgrade and it's $199.00 for up to 5 computers. Do they have a multi-pack price for Students rather than purchasing two copies?

Christopher,I can't call them at the moment, but they dont offer Family pack at education prices... well at least not on their site.Since I only have two systems, and if I get a 3rd (it will come with it) I'm saving a bit by just buying the two at $70. Also, there is a chance, though now remote, that my employer will refund me one of them since I use MY iBook at work.I splurged a bit (as I said above), also ordered a 1GB iPod shuffle, the sport case, and iWork 05.

I have iWork05 and I use Keynote2 all of the time for presentations at work and I love it. I always get questions about like how did you get Powerpoint to do that. Some of the sales guys want to use it now. I have also been using Pages to produce a Tri-fold for my wife's business and I like it a lot as well. I need to find more time to use Pages there is a lot in it.

When they announced iWork, I said I was going to wait to purchase it with Tiger, as well as iLife. I however needed the latest version of iMovie for a project so I got that ahead of time.Its my understanding that Pages isn't a Word killer but almost the equivalent of Microsoft Publisher, which isn't offered to Mac users. I'm looking forward to the new version of Keynote and to be able to work in Pages... Since I really dont have an app like that.

Yes Pages could not replace Word at this time. It is much more like Publisher and having used both I never liked Publishers interface. Pages is very straight forward and simple to use and understand. My wife got it right away and was off and running producing all sorts of marketing material that I used to have to do in Illustrator for her. I think it's an application to watch it could become a replacement for Word.