CPU probs similar but not same as other post rece

trevbushell

does that mean there is something here that si clogging up the system , some program. my friend also mentioned
Here's what I suggest you do:(1) Remove all Realtek drivers. The following are Realtek driver files and you can do a search/delete for them:ALCXNT.DLLALCXNT.SYSALSWWTNT.DATALSWWTNT.DLLALSWWTNT.SYSALSWWTNT.TONMMDRV.DLLALCCHKID.EXEALCRMV9X.EXEALCRMV.EXEALCUPD.EXEALCXDEV.EXEALCXINIT.DATSOUNDMAN.EXEALCXWDM.CATALCXWDM.SYSALSNDMGR.CPL(2) Create a new hardware profile. Right-click My Computer desktop icon, and in the context menu select PROPERTIES. In System Properties dialog, click HARDWARE tab, and then HARDWARE PROFILES button. In Hardware Profiles dialog, click COPY button, type in a label, i.e. FruityLoop, and click OK button. Click OK button to close Hardware Profiles dialog. Click OK button to close System Properties dialog.(3) Click START>RUN, and type in "services.msc" (without the quotation marks). This should bring up the SERVICES management console that lists the windows services in the right pane. (4) To disable a service, select that service, right-click and in the context menu select PROPERTIES. In the Properties dialog, click LOG ON tab, select FruityLoop and click DISABLE button. Click OK to close the Properties dialog. Then do the same procedure for the other services to be disabled. Disable services related to AVG and ZoneAlarm. (Consult Black Viper's guide to Windows services for Windows services you can disable or set to manual.)(5) Restart your computer. At logon you will be asked what hardware profile to use. Select "Fruityloop". Test your fruityloop program to see if those glitches and crackles occur.
is there a prog that tracks activity and if so it may pick up the change?
I use Systernal's FILEMON for that purpose. Can you post a link to Foxcon page that gives the motherboard specs?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trevbushell

• b2cm

• rbdietz

• Marsden11

trevbushell
I use Systernal's FILEMON for that purpose. TREV-would this help me? should i download it and gather info for you?Can you post a link to Foxcon page that gives the motherboard specs?

TREV-sure will dohttp://www.foxconnchannel.com/products_mot...me=661M03-G-6ELhttp://www.foxconnchannel.com/products_mot...ame=661M03-G-6L not sure which one is mine, i will definatly check this when i get home by looking at the board!TREV-im at work at the mo, but will try this tonight (GMT, i live in england.) thanx again.i have posted a thread on the www.driverheaven.net site (the site that gives support for the kx audio drivers i use) its in kx project/general discussion forumsomeone there said theyve heard of P4's ( or something) having a throttling device when the cpu gets to a ceartin temperature!! seems to make a bit of sense as when i first turn the comp on after a long break it takes a while for the cpu change in fruityloops to happen(5 mins). if ive been using the comp and restart when its warm the problem takes alot less time or is already there.so i did a test;I turn on comp from cold. the cpu temp is 32 degrees.The 'cpu thing' in fruity happened when the cpu temp got up to 40 degrees ( after 5 mins or so). (in everest)i turn on comp again. the cpu temp is 37degrees. the fruity thing happened when comp got to 40 degrees immediately!i turn on comp again. the problem is already there when i opened fruity! i looked in cpu temp and its 43 degrees. turn on comp. problem already in fruity. temp 44.turn on comp. open fruity -its ok then b4 i can open to see temp setting it had already changed to problem! opened up temp setting anyway. its 47 degrees.then had to go to work!! and here i am . what do you think.....

trevbushell

08/04/2005 22:02:52 Avg7UpdSvc Information None 1 N/A MOJO Service started08/04/2005 21:40:40 DrWatson Information None 4097 N/A MOJO The application, C:\Trev\prog exes\mtinst.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/08/2005 @ 21:40:40.296 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 77FC3943 (ntdll)08/04/2005 21:40:35 Application Error Error None 1000 N/A MOJO Faulting application mtinst.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1106, fault address 0x00073943.this came from admin tools/the computer management file .whats mtinst.exe/ is it a problem? should i seasrch for it and disable it/EDIT-ahhh ive just thought ... thats the motherboard rdriver that i downloaded and put into my prog exes folder ready to reinstall if i need to!!! i' will delete it!i'm wondering also if this problem would happen in any program (like msoft word. but im not sure how to check it as word is so low in cpu usage it would probs be difficult to see any change?

Edited by trevbushell

The hotter the processor the less stable it runs. But at 47 degrees? Still it is worth considering. Your options would be to install CPU Idle and a better heatsink and fan. (Or sell the board and processor, then get an ASUS board and an affordable Athlon64 :thumbsup:.)

trevbushell

MMDRV.DLL found in wins system32- deletedALCRMV.EXE found in wins/ prefetch- delettdSOUNDMAN.EXE found in prefetch- deletedcouldnt find any of thore other files.will now do hartd wre profile.... scary, i'll try my best to disable the right programs!thanx again for help so far

In your "Fruitylopp" hardware profile, you should disable services releated to this processes:wuauclt.exe572 Automatic Updates Microsoft Corporationavgamsvr.exe1216 AVG Alert Manager GRISOFT, s.r.o.avgupsvc.exe1232 AVG Update Service GRISOFT, s.r.o.vsmon.exe 1380 TrueVector Service Zone Labs LLCzlclient.exe 412 Zone Labs Client Zone Labs LLCmsnappau.exe 268 MSN Updater Microsoft Corporationavgcc.exe 764 AVG Control Center GRISOFT, s.r.o.avgemc.exe 812 AVG E-Mail Scanner GRISOFT, s.r.o.msnappau.exe 1644 MSN Updater Microsoft CorporationDon't be scared. It is just a hardware profile that you can always delete after the troubleshooting. Your original hardware profile (Profile 1) will always be there to return to.

trevbushell
Don't be scared. It is just a hardware profile that you can always delete after the troubleshooting. Your original hardware profile (Profile 1) will always be there to return to.

thanx did it and it was asier than i thought. thanx for good instructions. unfortunatly did nothing!!ARRGGGHH!think its going to be buying new processor!do i need mother bd as well? or can i get away wth just processor?what do you suggest (for a reasonable price?) probs afford £140 dunnod how much that is in $.unless is it worth reinstalling APS audio drivers or even last attempt at reinstalling whole D*** lot???

I would try the "last attempt at reinstalling whole D*** lot".When you do, don't use the drivers CD. Download SiS chipset (IDE and AGPGart) and other drivers from the SiS website (http://www.sis.com/download/) and install these instead. Also look for the newest drivers you can find for your sound card.

That would be well within the $263 (140 pounds). Going for just a processor change would limit you to a Pentium4, and a probability that you'd see the same "throttling" issue.Have you downloaded and installed CPUIdle?

trevbushell

CPU idle-no, i could try but not sure what ir does... could it harm the comp,(im assuming it stops the fan from running at max?)i'm not even sure if the temp of cpu is the problem. the comp is still starting up ok for 30 secs-2 mins or so before the glitch occurs even when the cpu temp is quite high. i mean it could be that, but i' not sure.will cpu idle rule this out this then?

Edited by trevbushell

http://www.cpuidle.de/"CpuIdle is a CPU cooling and power management software.CPU cooling will help you achieve these things: * decrease CPU temperature * enhance stability * enable overclocking (overclocking increases temperature- CpuIdle gives additional headroom) * increase CPU life (a decrease by 10°C doubles the life span) * cut power consumption"And, no, it does not stop your cooling fan. Download from here, and try it for 30 days.

That does not affect the 2.8ghz Athlon64 which does not have SSE3 support. Revision E probably to newer Socket 939/940 chips. You may also buy a Via Socket 754 board, instead of the Nvidia Nforce3.

trevbushell
That does not affect the 2.8ghz Athlon64 which does not have SSE3 support. Revision E probably to newer Socket 939/940 chips. You may also buy a Via Socket 754 board, instead of the Nvidia Nforce3.

ok thnax for that.

trevbushell

hi guys,weve made some headway here..its got nothing to do with audio... we know now.weve reformatted the dirve and reinstalled wins xp. all we installed was cubase, ...and the AC97 drivers definatly werent installed at all.we didd the tset with cubase and the problem occured. we restarted the comp,ran a (nothing to do with audio) compression test. the test ran in 12 secs. we ran it again later and the time was 24secs, took twice the time.we then did some benchmark memory read, write and memory latency tests. This was all done without anything running!here are the results. as you can see we tried the test a few times. always the same readings!!TEST WITH NO PROBLEM:Memory Read (mb/s): 1373,1378,1372,1374Write (mb/s): 692,691,692,691Latency (ns): 165.1,378.3,164.3,164.7,165.5TEST WITH PROBLEM:Read (mb/s): 587,598,598Write (mb/s): 303,304,304Latency (ns): 378,377.7,377.6so theres a point where the benchmark tests change drastically. it may be to do with temperature? ( although 47 dgrees isnt that high really, but when the benchmark test is bad then the performance tests across the all the computer is altered... (i.e.- virtual dub)so we are somewhere but still no idea why? weve tried removing one at a time of both 256 mem cards, it happens with both of them, so probs not the mem card?any idea?

trevbushell

thanx temmu, yes the advice ive hads so far has been really helpful.since last night (see last post of mine), im getting to think this is a hardware problem and the stuff i bought is still under guarantee, so trying to work out what it is?? no point in taking the psu back for a replacement if i its not that. otherwise I'll be in and out up and down removing this that and the other from my comp and taking it back ... the thing is is the audio stuff works really well when the problem isnt there!! maybe i should take the psu,mobo and processor back as it could be all or any of them,,,, thats what youre saying right?anyway thanx for all help.

Edited by trevbushell

There is a problem with CPU Idle...He has a heat problem when the CPU is active and near 100%. CPU Idle can do nothing at that point. It only works when the CPU is actually idle and then it kicks in.I run 13 machines 24X7 and all their CPUs are maxed out at 100%. I run programs that do that by design. They all have heavy duty heatsink/fans and run between 36C to 45C. The oldest machine has been running nonstop (except for reboots and power failures) for 5 years now. Every year I blow out the dust and re-apply artic silver heat compound to every CPU. I don't have heat issues. Hardware failures are mainly HD related.Several years ago I leveled the concrete floors in my 3 garages. I layed down 4" corragated ABS drain pipe which covered the entire 2500 SQFT of garage space. I built a small server closet which houses the majority of my servers. That small space draws in cooled air through the floor air inlet ducting. There is a vent in the ceiling which vents heat to the outside through the roof. Heat rises... I have natural convection cooling which draws in air around 55 degrees year round.When you run lots of machines... heat is the biggest issue.

trevbushell

He has a heat problem when the CPU is active and near 100%TREV- thanx for that. its difficult to tell if its heat or not, as the cpu temp remains constant at 47 degrees at full whack?. although maybe theres aproblem with hot spots on the cpu?? i dunno???trev

Edited by trevbushell

We don't know that it's an over-heating problem; we haven't even attempted to tested for that.Hey, trevbushell. Let that machine cool down for twenty minutes. While you're waiting remove the case cover and go find a house hold fan. A 15" desk fan or a 20" box fan (floor) would be fine. Place the fan a few inches away from the open side of the case and point it at the middle of the motherboard. If it's a desk fan, set it to hi. If it's a 20" box fan set it to medium.Run the system. Does the sound glitch problem go away?If yes, maybe we can proceed from there.If no, I'd say try to exchange the whole lot of components.

Edited by rbdietz

trevbushell

ok guys ive been working hard... this is what ive found... it has nothing to do with audio as it happens even with all audio uninstalled!"does it always occur at the same temp?" in order to find out i did regular 'Everest' benchmark tests while running prime 95 ( a program which tortures the cpu and mem!), and checking the mobo/cpu temps. mobo temps 42/52/56/57/58/54 cpu 43/44/46/48/49/49/ hd 39/41/42/43/44/44/ THESE ARE WHEN THE PROBLEM IS OK, then as you can see, the temp of the mobo got high (is that too high for a mobo?) then started going down really quickly. the last reading... mobo problem had happened....52/50 cpu 49/48 hd 42/42 ok... the problem happened at the same time as the mobo temp started to quickly go down from 58 to 52!! the cpu temp didnt change much though but it did stabilise.!! I SHUT DOWN COMP AND REPEATED TEST, checking the benchmark tests as much as i could .....mobo 44/44/49/53/55/57/ then saw it fall really quickly 55-54-53-this time when i did benchmark test problem had occured!-52 cpu 40/44/44/45/46/47/48 hd 39/43/44/44/45/45/45 INTERESTING.... this has got something to do with the mobo temp!! should mobo temps get that high? It is quite clear that when the mobo gets to 58C something happens, the performance is sacrificed, and the heat being produced drops like a stone. So what is on the mobo, that uses power and creates heat. The memory controller, for one thing. If you slowed it down, would it create less heat? yes it would. And would the memory timeings go up, yes they jolly well would. And would the poor CPU be crippled because it could not get insrtuctions and data fast enough. yes.... is this the problem.??If we stop the mobo getting so hot will the problem go away? TREV- Well we kind of have tested it indirectly by taking the covers off and noticing it takes MUCh longer for the prob to occur then.rbdietz said..."Run the system. Does the sound glitch problem go away?If yes, maybe we can proceed from there.If no, I'd say try to exchange the whole lot of components."TREv- yep i got the mobo temp down to 37 degrees, but problem still ther. ocne the prob starts it doesnt seem to be able to get back again.Any Comments or observations? shopuld i replace the case and psu as well 9got that from the same company)just in case its this not helping with the prob or do you think that the psu is psobs ok?trev

Edited by trevbushell

When your system suddenly freezes and reboots, and the processor/system is hot to the touch, then maybe you have overheating problems. Those temps are not exactly extraordinary, and even if some of these temp levels ocassion those Fruity Loop slowdown and audio glitches, that does not mean the heat causes the problems. To use an analogy: I am overfatigued; I also have a fever.I'm still inclined to suspect software/driver as cause of the slowdown and glitches (because Celerons should not have problems encoding WAV files). But if instead the problem is hardware, it has to be the processor. Because of a fairly high core speed (2800 megahertz) and with a small L1 (20kb) and L2 (128kb) cache, your system may be having lots of cache misses (when the data required by the data-processing units is not found in and cannot be retrieved from the L1 and L2 caches, and has to be fetched from the slower system memory) which explains the inefficient processing work. And there could be other contributory problems: bugs in the software, bad drivers, etc.I hope I'm wrong here, because none of these can be a reason for returning your system to the vendor, unless they guaranteed your personal satisfaction.

i feel yur pain my friend. i got my recent setup in december of 2004 and ever since i have had nothing but headaches. here is my setup:Pentium 4- 3.0Ghz Processor (prescott w/ HT)1024mb Kingston DDR400 pc3200 RAMFoxconn 661M03-G-6EL MoBo w/ SiS661FX + 963 Chipset5.1 channel AC97 AudioATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb AGPLogitech Z-640 5.1 SpeakersLogitech MX-510 USB Optical Gaming MouseNexus 400w PSUon paper it dosnt seem like a bad setup but its has been a mess. Since i have hadt he pc my FX5700 ULTRA vid card ($250) died forcing me to go to radeon because of some some "sis and nvidia compatability" issue. Original PSU blew up the second day, so i went with a 400w psu now. recently my ram was not working properly so i got a matching pair of kingston ram. all these components have done NOTHING. the pc perfroms worse then ever, especially with games. i too was using this pc for audio for awhile and had the same issue with fruityloops that u did, i cant say its a hardware specific issue because my specs are higher then yours and i get the same thing, it has been that way on every pc i have had actually. Right now i am in a rutt because technically my pc should be able to handle most new games and audio apps with no problems but it dosnt. I have not fixed any issues with this mobo after posting on numerous forums and having the pc manually checked by a pc tech. My advice as far as the FL goes is to use Reason for everything except when u need to use vst plugs, then use JUST those in FL. it has worked for me so far but to be honest i gave up hope on using this as an audio rig. Come september im getting a mac for my audioAnother thing u can do is go into the mobo manual and buy the approved components that foxconn has tested and they say "works". my other opinion is to just get rid of it if u can, if your mobo is anything like mine there is only headaches to come.i wish u luck, i havnt had any so far but hopefully you will =)

ok guys ive been working hard... this is what ive found... it has nothing to do with audio as it happens even with all audio uninstalled!
I'm confused. Thought you said "it" was glitches in the audio.Is "it" something else? If so, what is "it and how do you know when "it" happens?
"does it always occur at the same temp?" in order to find out i did regular  'Everest' benchmark tests while running prime 95 ( a program which tortures the cpu and mem!), and checking the mobo/cpu temps. mobo temps 42/52/56/57/58/54 8cpu 43/44/46/48/49/49/ hd 39/41/42/43/44/44/
It seems odd to me that the motherboard temp is higher than the CPU temp. The maximum temperatures don't appear to be high enough to cause a problem.
rbdietz said..."Run the system. Does the sound glitch problem go away?If yes, maybe we can proceed from there.If no, I'd say try to exchange the whole lot of components."TREv- yep i got the mobo temp down to 37 degrees, but problem still ther. ocne the prob starts it doesnt seem to be able to get back again.
The question I want the experiment to answer was -If the temperature is not allowed to climb (large fan blowing directly on MB), does that prevent the sound glitche from occuring?
Any Comments or observations? shopuld i replace the case and psu as well 9got that from the same company)just in case its this not helping with the prob or do you think that the psu is psobs ok?trev

My best guess is this is a driver/software problem.

Welcome mercbenz! Trev, you should take seriously mercbenz warning about the Foxconn motherboard. If Foxconn uses faulty motherboard design and/or components, you're likely headed into the miseries he has seen. A bad power supply unit will also damage the mobo as well take out other components. These may not explain your Fruity Loop problem, but are more serious problems.You should change the motherboard as he had suggested, and until you do to not use your AGP card on this Foxconn board. Go for an Abit, Asus, Epox or MSI motherboard. It will cost a little more but it will be well-designed, well-made and quality-tested. Choose a Full ATX board form factor (not microATX or FlexATX). When you get a new motherboard, buy yourself a good quality power supply unit (you can easily know by the higher price these fetch and by their heavier weight).There may be some SiS661FX issues involved here. Usually, this could be resolved by updated drivers and BIOS patches. But if you have to change motherboard then choose a different chipset, Intel or Via. (Maybe Peachy can help you determine the right Intel motherboard for your Celeron.)Download the latest SiS drivers (http://download.sis.com) for your motherboard and the latest FL update.

trevbushell

thanx guys youve all been brilliant!!!The question I want the experiment to answer was -If the temperature is not allowed to climb (large fan blowing directly on MB), does that prevent the sound glitche from occuring?im so fed up with this thing i cant be arsed to find out...i have enough info to be able to get a good case for a refund here i think so am in the process of chasing the manager of novatech (comp co) then will do as you say.... buy new stuff and spend a little more on it.mercbenz... feel for you too!!!! hope mac is coool!trev

Edited by trevbushell