Making Greeting Cards

JerryM

I have appreciated all the good comments.I notice that the programs that I have or have examined do not have a templet for the 4.76 x 7 inch size card. That is a very nice size.Anyone know of a program that has that size templet?Thanks,Jerry

All good graphics programmes have a custom page size option... :thumbsup:

All good graphics programmes have a custom page size option... :thumbsup:

What programs specifcally have you worked with? I can make a card, but the insides and outsides sometimes have to be reworked without a templet. EDITIt may be that I do not have the paper size in the printer that I have selected in the program. I thought that if I set a certain size templet wirhin the program the printer would print that size images and text even though 81/2 x 11 paper is in the printer. I does not do that. That would make it easier to trim the paper within the borders.Thanks,Jerry Edited by JerryM

What programs specifcally have you worked with? I can make a card, but the insides and outsides sometimes have to be reworked without a templet. EDITIt may be that I do  not have the paper size in the printer that I  have selected in the program. I thought that if I set a certain size templet wirhin the program the printer would print that size images and text even though 81/2 x 11 paper is in the printer. I does not do that. That would make it easier to trim the paper within the borders.Thanks,Jerry

I use CorelDraw for my greeting cards, using A4 paper. If you have CorelDraw send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the two templates I use. :)

I have used several programs in the last two weeks. They include, Nat Geog Cardmaker, Printmaster Silver 15, Christian Publishing Suite III, a trial version of the Hallmark program (It did not have much on it, and I was very unimpressed), and Art Explosion Greeting Card Factory Version 2.The Art Explosion program wins hands down for me. It might be that the full version of Hallmark would be fine, but I will have to find one at a good discount to buy it.So far it is the AE program. I paid less than $3 + postage, and it is worth more than all the others put together FWIW.Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using MIcrosofts Picture It Publisher for years now. I make all of my own cards, including the Christamas ones. It is easy to use and you can use clip art from anywhere. I have a huge folder that has nothing but saved clip art in it. Plus you can use your own pics on it too. I will do that sometimes.Naddie