Illegal to use a firewall?

Eric Legge

Eric Legge

Hi all,I've heard that many states in the US are seeking to make having a firewall installed illegal because interests involved in preventing piracy want to be able to access systems without hinderance to check for pirated material.If it's true, are there any interesting developments in this story?Because if this lunacy becomes law in the US, it won't be long before the same happens in the UK.Eric,http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

DannySmurf

I wouldn't worry too much about that. You'd have to interpret the new laws fairly broadly to read in that firewalls are illegal. And even if it were interpreted that way, it's unlikely that it would stand up to a challenge.--Danny Smurf

Guest ThunderRiver

Yeah, my previous interpretation was quite broad, but then again, the definition of conceiving identity is quite vague.

B) I could find plenty to do on my computers without the internet if I had to.Wouldn't be easy though, you kind of get used to having it around!

Guest ThunderRiver

I suppose one of the way that could be criminalized if I intentionally change my MAC address on my NIC, so I could use my university edu network without authorization.Hey.. I needed Internet, but now I have no need for it since WiFi is up and running