Another Mandrake 9.1 install!

Peachy

So,Since everyone seems happy more or less with their MDK9.1 I thought I might install it on one of my home machines this weekend. Actually, I installed it first on one of my lab computers at work and was impressed by the new KDE 3.1 that I figured I might try it at home, too. So, I found 8GB of free space on my daughter's computer and decided to carve half of that for Mandrake. Installation was trivial and now I have a quadruple boot system with Windows XP, 98SE, Red Hat 9, and Mandrake 9.1. I still have 4GB free so I am going to stick another distro on it. Haven't decided whether it will be SuSE or Slackware or maybe something offbeat like Gentoo or Knoppix.Still trying to get used to KDE. GNOME has been good to me for a long time.

Peachy,We just love people doing new installs, go for it !We´ll all be glad to help you if you run into problems B) B) B) B) Bruno* at least one install I don´t have to worry about ! B)

Peachy,Please don't misunderstand, but, I am very happy with my Mandrake 9.1. Because of the Nvidia drivers and the font problem, I reinstalled twice, yesterday. The third time I decided it was a Linux bug and am going to fix it before I turn in a bug report.By the way, try Knoppix. It is now running on my Celeron 466 and connected to the web and home network running from the CD-Rom. I am going to install it to the hard drive when I get this problem fixed. The 466 will then have 2 copies of Win 2000 Pro and Knoppix. B) B) B)