Holy Snow!

ross549

Are you trying to say that you have a lot of snow...? :D :lol:Sheesh....I'll post a picture of my yard later...then you'll see what a lot of snow is like :D

Edited by epp_b

I am used to snow.... but the rest of Virginia is not.... tonight will be ugly. :PAnyone want to take bets on the number of accidents on the major hiighways out here? :D

Guest LilBambi

LOL! Nah, it's just Virginia for ya! Don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes!We were talking to Adam when he posted the snow pictures and told him we had snow like that earlier but now it's sunny and you'd never know it happened! Then later he posted his sunny picture LOL!This state is so funny!

Yard (yes, you DO see at least 3 feet of snow there and absolutely no grass):snow1.jpgDriveway (cleared):snow2.jpg...and we're at a low point (in terms of snow) for the season :thumbsdown:

Guest LilBambi

thank you epp_b!That makes me feel much better about our funny, errr, bizarre, weather in Virginia!Where are you by the way?

We did not get any of the snow. We only had the 60 MPH winds. It sure made for an interesting class. Have you tried to teach computers with the power going on and off? I pulled out the PDAs and had an impromptu lesson on them :thumbsdown: Spray from the sound was covering all four lanes of the causeway and Jockey's Ridge was spraying all the lanes with a little sandblasting. They say one house lost its roof as well. I wonder what tomorrow will bring. :D

Guest LilBambi

I don't know but it's 42 degrees right now and weather report says:Generally clear. Cold. Low 23F. WNW winds at 15 to 25 mph, diminishing to 5 to 10 mph.Things are looking up here as far as the snow, and wind go...but look at that temp after being 70 yesterday and in the 50s overnight last night!

:devil: Oh well. Spring will return soon. I just hope all the daffodils don't die off in the meantime. We are only suppose to be 40 tomorrow. Yesterday was a great day for the beach though. I'll save the warm weather for spring break at the end of the month!

Not trying to detract from the snowy weather in America. Look what we have bearing down on the north of the state I live in (Queensland). It will not get down my way hopefully. :devil: It was a category 5, but has now been downgraded to 4. :D cyclone_ingrid.jpg

Quick! Batten down the hatches. Run for high ground! Take cover and take care. Let us know how you come out.

Guest Paracelsus

Not make light of your potential predicament, Pluka...But if one were to flip that photo upside down...It might almost look like a Hurricane in the GoM about to hit the central Gulf coast of Florida.

Edited by Paracelsus

Not make light of your potential predicament, Pluka...But If were to flip that photo upside down...It might almost look like a Hurricane in the GoM about to hit the central Gulf coast of Florida.

It does as well, that part of Queensland, on the western side is the Gulf of Carpentaria. I do not think I will have any problems here in Bundaberg as it's to far north at present. As this is Cyclone Ingrid, and women being fickle it could turn around and charge down southwards. :devil: Cyclone Warning Centre Edited by Plukaduk

Guest Paracelsus
As this is Cyclone Ingrid, and women being fickle it could turn around and charge down southwards.

Like Ladies shopping at the Mall...Never know when they're gonna want to go to another floor or a store on the other side :devil:

thank you epp_b!That makes me feel much better about our funny, errr, bizarre, weather in Virginia!Where are you by the way?

South-Central Canada (about 10 miles from the Canada-US border).
I don't know but it's 42 degrees right now and weather report says:Generally clear. Cold. Low 23F. WNW winds at 15 to 25 mph, diminishing to 5 to 10 mph.Things are looking up here as far as the snow, and wind go...but look at that temp after being 70 yesterday and in the 50s overnight last night!

Ha! :devil: -15C/5F right now (which is nice). It has been lower than -40C/-40F here a few weeks ago. Edited by epp_b

Not make light of your potential predicament, Pluka...But If were to flip that photo upside down...It might almost look like a Hurricane in the GoM about to hit the central Gulf coast of Florida.

Great, now I am all dizzy from trying to look at that picture upside down.......You have just shot straight to the top of MY hit list! :devil:

Guest Paracelsus

Ha!!You ain't got a "Hit List"!!There's only ONE Hit List at SNLF :pirate: Just remember...LR can coerce the Owner & Admins into re-establishing our privileges at any time :devil: Besides...You could have spared yourself the agony by just saving the image.... opening it in IrfanView and then... Flip... Rotate 90° :devil: Once again...You've unnecessarily complicated your own life. :P

Can you flip photos in gimp? Im in Eastern Canada and we are supposed to get a major storm tomorrow, wonder if I will miss work. :devil: I know it is blowing pretty hard out there now and earlier we had a lot of rain, the roads looked like rivers.

Eoohh...Eastern Canada has been hit pretty bad a few times. Good luck!Yes, I'm sure you can flip photos in Gimp. Can't tell you how though, 'cause I don't use it frequently.

Oh!Are you admitting a limitation to Linux ;)

Not remotely...... I was just trying to convey that I don't have ifranview on my linux setup..... I have other tools. Are you discrimingating against non-windows users? B)

well figured I better show some real snow, now keep in mind it has melted quite a bit too.Looking out my window: The log pile use to be completely buriedsnow.jpgNorth side of the house looking out the windows, that snow bank is taller than me:snow2.jpgThe back yard - notice clothes line poles in the back and that building is the rabbit house my daughter keeps her rabbits in. Yes she has to climb snow banks up hill both ways :thumbsdown: snow3.jpg