Norton Ghost 9 Error

jwfetz

Hi All,I'm hoping that someone might have an answer to this.I received the following error while doing a complete backup of my C drive using Norton Ghost 9.0.Description: An error occurred creating a backup of drive C:\. Error E7C3000F: Device \\.\PQV2iSnapShot0 cannot read 4,096 sectors starting at LBA 50,290,816. Error 0000045D: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Details: 0xE7C3000FThis occurred, I believe, because the hard drive ran out of space, thus causing the error.This is not my real problem however. The problem is, that after exiting the program, the hard drive is now full (thus system resources are tight). I went to the folder where the backup file should have been created/saved, but there is no file there. It seems to me that there must be some temp files that NG has stashed somewhere on the drive. Does anyone know where these might be, as I would like to delete them to recover my hard drive space?Thanks!Cheers,jwfetz

Have you tried to search by date only? Search for files created on the day that you tried to ghost the drive. Or SequoiaView is a great small program that I use to look at where all the space has disappeared to on my hard drive. You'll need to find a little hard drive space to install it. I like the squarified cushioned tree map view. B)

Have you tried to search by date only?  Search for files created on the day that you tried to ghost the drive.  Or SequoiaView is a great small program that I use to look at where all the space has disappeared to on my hard drive.  You'll need to find a little hard drive space to install it.  I like the squarified cushioned tree map view.  B)

siebkens,Nice tool! B) Jim