• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plukaduk

• cybormoron

• RandomBox

• greengeek

could be... really dunno... but if you go, i'll carry your luggage! :'(
I have not been there since probably before you were even born. I would love to go back but something about the expenses of multiple relatives in college is keeping me poor. :hysterical: You go visit and tell us all about it. Your picture reminds me a lot of this picture my daughter took while there a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...
o... my... goodness! thirty...two...hundred freakin' pixels!on what, pray tell, do you display such a wide image? drooling.gif
thanks temmu, looool. i can see you're impressed, loool. this is running on a nvidia fx5200 with 2 samsung syncmaster 20 in monitors. (204t and a newer 204b). by all means you should plug that other monitor in. i think you'll like the wide display.here's a cluttered shot. liquid weather, gkrellm, kde world clock, firefox, konqueror, etherape, and kget. i keep liquidweather,gkrellm and worldclock docked in that position so that firefox snaps to the edges right where i like it. kget is downloading that new linux mint 2.0. that looks like a promising distro.http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dtop14nov06bm6.jpg Edited by cybormoron

I sooooooooo wish I could participate but I let WallPaper Master FREEware (also available as SHAREware) program to handle the images on my desktop.This great proggie automatically changes the background/wallpaper every two hours (both in WinXP and WinVista). One of my dedicated directories contains 2,195,338,401Bytes of nothing but very high-resolution images. The WallPaper Master is set to size all pictures to 65% of the 20" monitor.I believe in the theory that a spartan desktop is the eye of a cluttered brain and I fully practice what I preach. o:)There are ONLY 5 icons on my desktop and the TaskBar is in auto-hide mode!It had taken me about 6 months of diligent work to amass these images and they are all categorized by topics, as follows:...\ManMade\.. ...\ManMade\FireWorks\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\AnneGeddesBaby\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\AnneGeddesBaby\MoreBabyPix\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\BorisVallejoX3\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\FakeFruits\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\JimBurns\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\LuisRoyo\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\Rodney Matthews (In Search Of Forever)\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\. ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\AssortedBGs\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\DragonsEtc\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\Female\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\Geometric-3Dgen\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\Graffitized\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\HistoryWarriors\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\Number4\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\Number5\ ...\ManMade\RenderedArtsy\SurrealMythical\Yerka-Landscapes-Escheresque...\ManMade\TimePieces\. ...\ManMade\Transportation\. ...\ManMade\Transportation\ConceptCars2006\....\ManMade\Transportation\FerrariF1Pix-VHQ\....\ManMade\Transportation\Motorcycle\....\ManMade\Transportation\PaintedRacing\....\ManMade\Transportation\PorscheMostly\....\ManMade\Transportation\RenaultF1Pix-VHQ\....\ManMade\Transportation\SportsCarsRendered\....\ManMade\Weapons\....\ManMade\Weapons\Aircraft\....\ManMade\Weapons\HQWeapons\....\ManMade\Weapons\ToySoldiers\....\ManMade\WineBottlePeople\....\ManMade\Xray\....\Nature\HoldingTank\....\Nature\AmericanIndians-BW\....\Nature\Animals\....\Nature\Animals\BirdPaintings\....\Nature\Animals\AnimalCloseUps\....\Nature\Animals\LivingDetails\....\Nature\Animals\Spiders\....\Nature\Coffee\....\Nature\HumanEye\....\Nature\HumanMouth\....\Nature\LandScape\. ...\Nature\LandScape\SunClouds\....\Nature\LandScape\VHQ\....\Nature\LandScape\Flora\....\Nature\LandScape\Misc\....\Nature\LandScape\NationalGeo\....\Nature\LandScape\SpaceAstronomy\....\Nature\LandScape\Sunset\....\Nature\LandScape\UnderWater\....\Nature\RealGold\.I hope you get the "picture"!

65% of the screen size? That seems a bit odd...... But then again, each persona has the settings they like... otherwise there would be no point to settings, huh? :)Adam

65% of the screen size? That seems a bit odd...... But then again, each persona has the settings they like... otherwise there would be no point to settings, huh? :)Adam
Hi ross549,I was not attempting to be coy with my reply. I just did not want to be forced to go thru the complication of uploading an image capture of my desktop and tax other members' bandwidth. Furthermore, I am not understanding exactly what your reply means.Thus, I think it'd be best to just show you the capture of my current desktop (next 120 minutes), for clarification: So here it goes.

I was just surprised that you would scale the images down... I have always set the image to 100% of the screen size.Example: My desktop, as of a week ago.What I was saying in my post is that each person has their own preferences. If everyone liked exactly the same thing, what would be the point of customization? I like your desktop, but it is not something I would do. ;)Adam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are uze guyz really serious about staring at the same desktop (wallpaper) image for a WHOLE month, at a time??? Yawn! :devil:I am making this offering to uze guyz for one last time as a salvation: Just install WallPaper Master FREEware in your system and make that monitor work for you more! I use it in the StartUp and change image every 120minutes. I am yet to see it cause problems with the OS!

Are uze guyz really serious about staring at the same desktop (wallpaper) image for a WHOLE month, at a time??? Yawn! :devil:I am making this offering to uze guyz for one last time as a salvation: Just install WallPaper Master FREEware in your system and make that monitor work for you more! I use it in the StartUp and change image every 120minutes. I am yet to see it cause problems with the OS!
It does not bother me at all, as I only see it on either start up and /or shutdown or for other short periods of time. I have no need of third party software to change my wallpaper either, it's alright for the new fellers to computing though, who do not know arthur from martha regarding computers... :whistling:

I have eight desktops on my main Linux machine and a different wallpaper on each but I rarely actually see the desktop as it's covered with other projects so wallpaper is not very important to me.

Are uze guyz really serious about staring at the same desktop (wallpaper) image for a WHOLE month, at a time??? Yawn! B)
I've had the same plain, green background for over three years now. No icons or shortcuts on it at all. Works well for me and I like it like that.

my first screenshot from my new reorganization on my test box. 7 more distros coming up. this is the mandriva one 2007 cube, with no video card on my machine, hehe. 1600x1200http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=man1cuberm4.jpg800x600http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=man1cubebf8.jpgdifferent view with panels. extra panel on left. both are usually on auto-hide.http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=man2cubess0.jpg

Edited by cybormoron

I'm impressed. And all that with no video card?I haven't attempted much because I don't have too much in the way of video and in fact, SUSE won't even load it just says video not supported.

wow. that cube thing... you can clicky on different sides? on icons on different sides? does a side bring up a desktop?
yes temmu, that is 4 different desktops. i can "grab" it with the mouse and spin it or click the task bar and the cube will spin right to the open window. i actually kind of like using it. there's other window effects but i haven't discovered them yet. you should see the effects with the elive distro, they're pretty neat also.
I'm impressed. And all that with no video card?I haven't attempted much because I don't have too much in the way of video and in fact, SUSE won't even load it just says video not supported.
i tried to install a few different distros today and they won't work. something about no parameters found for X server. it's strange that mdv07 with 3d will work but not slackware, suse, debian. and a couple others.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the IceTv guide. I may send that page to a friend so she can download the widget. I think her high speed might be satellite - she's moved from the Blue Mountain area to the back of beyond or as the Aussies say it in the Sydney area, "beyond the black stump".